Page 1 of 1

My non-Bronco

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:24 pm
by Wood
My non-Bronco

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 pm
by Nick
Jaron! Where ya been? Hows the family?

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:04 am
by PBR
i thought you sold that thing?

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 am
by Wood
Hey Nick, I'm still kicking, the fall is just my super busy time of year with work. The family is good, thanks. We actually just got some REALLY good news in the form of Riley's recent MRI results. No change/growth of her brain tumor in the last 9 months. PTL

Ollie, I had it for sale for a while, but no real interest...at least not in the bay area. I still think I'd like something with a back seat.

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:24 am
by bajascott
i like your non bronco! but i am always a fan of nice rangers!

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 pm
by tcm glx
Saw your ranger in the for sale threads... I dig the way you set it up!

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:49 pm
by Wood
New daily driver.

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:13 am
by yikes
That looks like one of Steve's old daily drivers. haha!

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:18 pm
by SteveG
All the cool kids daily drive Explorers these days. Welcome to the club, Jaron.

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:24 pm
by Nick
Nice Jaron! What are the plans for it?

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:34 am
by Wood
Nick wrote:Nice Jaron! What are the plans for it?
Plan is to just drive it. It's in good shape, bought from my friends parents who've owned it since 95 and kept it in the garage. Only about 100K miles, and pretty darn clean for it's age. I've been daily driving my Ranger lately, which is not ideal, and no room for carseats and the like. Eventually, and if I sell my Ranger, it could be my next project....but that's a ways down the road.

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:11 pm
by PBR
i see this in it's future!

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:34 pm
by Wood
...

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:00 am
by SteveG
Great. Now I need to step up with Snow pics of the Overlander.

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 am
by Wood
Okay, this is not a very exciting update...but my strategy is, if I keep this thread going with updates on my Ranger, then it might help keep me accountable to actually get some work done on it.
I am definitely going to the Baja 500 this year (it's been 4 years since my last trip down for the 1000, which is kind of depressing, but life/kids get in the way of your hobbies sometimes) so it's time to take off all the crap stacked on top of my truck parked in the garage, and get some small projects done on it over the next few months...hence the thread update.

After sitting in the garage for months at a time, the truck had a flat tire and dead battery. I couldn't even pull it out to clean the garage. So I took back my Exide Orbital battery which was still under warranty for free-replacement and got this Optima Yellowtop. That means I can finally use this nice stainless battery box that someone gave me a while back. I also think I might relocate the battery while I am at it (either to the bed or into the cab behind the seats) So that is project #1 for 2011. I still have some questions about wiring this up properly, so if you have any advice let me know, I gotta do some research online.

Re: My non-Bronco

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 pm
by SteveG
Wood wrote:Okay, this is not a very exciting update...but my strategy is, if I keep this thread going with updates on my Ranger, then it might help keep me accountable to actually get some work done on it.
It doesn't work. I tried it and it turns out I'm still burnt out on working on the Bronco.