Page 1 of 2

Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:59 pm
by RiversideRedneck
Just curious how many others on here have Jeeps?
I have a 1991 Cherokee, 240k on the ODO, 4.0HO, auto. 3 inch Rough Country lift, 31x10.50r15 Dakota Definitys.
She is currently my DD till i get my bronco back on the road.
Who else has Jeeps? Post pics!!

Image
This one was before i remounted my lights. And I have no idea what my buddy is doing in the pic. lmao
Image
Image

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:56 pm
by robertcrav
Used to...love 'em

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:12 pm
by Rmc
I had one... End over end 2 times and 5 side rolls later. I no longer own a jeep at this time.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
by robertcrav
Rmc wrote:I had one... End over end 2 times and 5 side rolls later. I no longer own a jeep at this time.
Ummm...ya...that'd do it

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:29 pm
by tcm glx
I had a 92 XJ. Really enjoyed it. Was a good rig. Jack of all trades, but master if none.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:34 pm
by Rmc
You can beat the crap out of an xj and they hold together pretty dang good. As much as I don't like jeeps I'm secretly a fan.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:34 pm
by Rmc
If only they weren't unibody though.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:36 pm
by tcm glx
Unibody isn't a big deal. Ez too fix. Add stiffener bars and plates from t and j and your set.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 pm
by Rmc
I did all that too. But even with all that when you come down hard on a single front tire there like a noodle. I plated the unibody rails front to back and had my rock sliders incorporated. I was amazed early on at both how well they flew and the approach and departure capabilities. Few SUV 's jump like an xj , which is part of why it got wrecked. I caught air off a hilltop once and bicycled the whole draw between hills . If I had 'nt grabbed for gears accidentally shifting into 4hi and standing on the gas I would have endoed much earlier on in my heep ownership experience. I blame a 20 beers and 2 sparks for the loss of it. I have no talent at driving otherwise I'd say I ran out of that too lol. Fun trucks though or whatever you want to call them.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:51 pm
by Rmc
I know their negatives too like their electrical systems and exhaust manifolds but they are very capable in the dirt rocks and sand.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 pm
by tcm glx
Rmc wrote:I did all that too. But even with all that when you come down hard on a single front tire there like a noodle. I plated the unibody rails front to back and had my rock sliders incorporated. I was amazed early on at both how well they flew and the approach and departure capabilities. Few SUV 's jump like an xj , which is part of why it got wrecked. I caught air off a hilltop once and bicycled the whole draw between hills . If I had 'nt grabbed for gears accidentally shifting into 4hi and standing on the gas I would have endoed much earlier on in my heep ownership experience. I blame a 20 beers and 2 sparks for the loss of it. I have no talent at driving otherwise I'd say I ran out of that too lol. Fun trucks though or whatever you want to call them.

Ummm, sounds like you were driving it like a trophy truck and then OE happened. Hahaha. Operator error.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:15 pm
by Rmc
More like a drunken Irishman who thought he was driving a trophy truck. Young drunk n dumb.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:33 pm
by jkrell
I used to do a lil jeepin around baja.

Image

My long time daily driver WJ. I still think a Jeep WJ is probably the least expensive best all around street/desert/trail runner. I had big shocks and 31" tires on mine and lots of fun offroad miles. With all of the baja racing I did with the skiltons we preran everything in a WJ with a lift kit and updgraded shocks...averaged about 20-25 mph all through tough baja terrain. Great vehicles.

Image

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
by robertcrav
John what lift kit/shocks were on the wj? My Mom has one I've been considering talking her out of when she gets a newer car...its an 04 limited 4x4 with the 4.7...shes the original owner

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:32 pm
by SteveG
FYI, the 4.7 can be problematic.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:33 pm
by jkrell
robertcrav wrote:John what lift kit/shocks were on the wj? My Mom has one I've been considering talking her out of when she gets a newer car...its an 04 limited 4x4 with the 4.7...shes the original owner
Old Man Emu 2" spring, no bump stop extension needed if you run a 265 tire with stock offset wheel. Rear shock was a 2.25 dirt logic 12" (i think) shock....front shock was a custom 2.5" pin top that shockseals kris and i made. All the rest of suspension stock. Good for 9.5" of front travel and 12" in the rear. I have seen some pictures of the king jk shocks adapted to a WJ, but it looked like in the pics bump travel would be limited. You would have to cycle it through to be sure.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
by jkrell
robertcrav wrote:John what lift kit/shocks were on the wj? My Mom has one I've been considering talking her out of when she gets a newer car...its an 04 limited 4x4 with the 4.7...shes the original owner
Skilton prerunner was on 33" tires with a prototype rubicon lift that i'm not sure ever made production, about a 4" lift I think...radflow shocks front and rear. Fronts shocks on custom mounts similiar to a jeepspeed setup, and rears in stock location.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:38 pm
by jkrell
robertcrav wrote:John what lift kit/shocks were on the wj? My Mom has one I've been considering talking her out of when she gets a newer car...its an 04 limited 4x4 with the 4.7...shes the original owner
O ya, and just remembered, I think T&J's developed some weld on rear bracketry to eliminate factory rear 4 link. They have used it on a couple of jeepspeed WJ's, I think it was similiar to the geometry run on Rubicon protype kit.

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:40 pm
by Nick
Where did 303 end up, Jon?

Re: Anyone Have Jeeps too?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:50 pm
by jkrell
Nick wrote:Where did 303 end up, Jon?
Billy Bunch still has it last I heard. The last time I saw it was in skyler go pro footage earlier this year when Skyler passed Billy in a Jeepspeed 1 car. Sad.

I wouldn't mind having it back some day to restore to old glory, I had a lot of fun in that Jeep.