Page 1 of 5

No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:21 pm
by Bondobob
So I have replaced the Silverado as my DD and staying with the Non-Ford theme I am now rolling a a low mileage 2006 great white 2500 3rd Gen Common Rail Dodge....Some photos, as soon as it came home I began a de-badge and got rid of the previous owners choice in wheels and tires for some OEM forged 17" alloys and Toyo's.

No name for her yet...She is a big girl!!!

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:25 pm
by Bondobob
Not much done to the truck yet as I am gathering parts for the Mod's....

Tease of what is in store.

3.0's with a special Don Thuren recipe for the set-up.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:26 pm
by tcm glx
I dig it Bob! Gonna be an awesome rig for sure!

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:27 pm
by Nick
Sweet! But those 3.0's should go on the bronco!

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:28 pm
by Bondobob
I am really liking the 35" Toyo's....Great manners and pretty quite for an MT.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:32 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Nice choice Bob. Look to Carli if you do front end work!

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:34 pm
by Bondobob
The 2.5's with bumps on the Bronco are surprising in how well they work on a 5K pound vehicle.... After what I learned on the Bronco(multiple set-ups) I think 3.0's are a bare minimum for the front of the 7K pound truck. It won't be used as hard as I may drive the Bronco, however I want it to be "Party Rated" should the occasion present its self or If I need to get from point A to point B in a hurry.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 pm
by D1cker1
Good looking truck Bob.

How many miles are on it?
Im Jealous of the 3.0's..

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 pm
by Bondobob
Plan is to run mostly Thuren stuff matched with some of the Carli parts(each shop makes excellent stuff and for my desired set-up I am creating a hybrid of the two) I did alot of research and in my talks with Don I really like his style and we have designed a bitchin' set up for this truck with some modified pretty much bolt-on parts-except the truss for the AAM front axle that will smile like an 8.8 if driven hard.

Cory at CJC hooked me up with some of the Carli stuff I needed.

The only thing that will reduce towing capability is the Deaver LT springs(I came close to pulling a groin taking one of these things out of the Tahoe- I am using the Carli long travel cromo shackles).

I am currently waiting on my Control Arms and the rear bypass shocks. Once I have everything staged I will do tear down and resurrection of the big girl.

One of the reliability mods for the Cummins is additional pre-high pressure filtration because the Common Rail motors like clean dry fuel.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:01 pm
by Bondobob
I found this rig in Costa Mesa. Previous owner purchased it in late 2006 and only put 66k miles on it. It was the lowest mileage newest 5.9 without any of the 2007.5 and later smog stuff I could find. I searched for a 1997-2003 7.3 Powerstroke and all the candidates were pretty hammered, this one is almost like a new 7 year old truck.

The stock CR 5.9 is 325 hp and 610 tq, I am totally happy with how well this thing runs bone stock. Only smog stuff on this one is a Cat that is gigantic and smog shop test of this made me laugh at how it was a start-up and smoke test only.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:29 pm
by D1cker1
Wow.. Thats is really low mileage

Your already adding some Carli items too :shock:
Add a full exhaust and a tuner while your at it..

It will boost your MPG's. :)

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:42 pm
by Rmc
I'm looking foreward to seeing what you do to it. This should be good.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:37 am
by philofab
I have been looking for this exact truck for a long time. I hate you Bob.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:01 am
by robertcrav
Love it Bob!

Congrats

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:26 pm
by 7D6F250
Nice! My buddy and I searched for a last-of-the-5.9's, first-of-the-megacabs to repacle his dually. Found an 07' with 60k on the clock out in Victorville. Did a Carli 3" on Toyo's 35" a/t extreme's. bitchen truck. Dom is a cool dude, I got to hangout with him at the last Dodge Trucks Xtreme camp out in Ocotillo. Sweet truck bob, good score!

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:44 am
by Silverslk
What a nice truck Bob!!!

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:10 pm
by Bondobob
Thanks for the support! I lurked on DTX and Cummins forum when I was hunting. I have seen some pics of Dom's rig and really like how with the simple set- ups these trucks can surprise you...

My Thuren control arms arrived Thursday. I'm now waiting on my rear By-pass Kings... In the mean time I need to set some stuff up and I'm going back and forth on installing my Tube under axle truss myself or getting some "pro" help... Not fully confident in welding this heavy wall DOM tube to the cast AAM center section.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:21 pm
by Seabass
NICE!I miss my 03. Really nice trucks. Another vote for Carli gear from me.

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:36 am
by cs_drums
Any updates?

Re: No plugs n' 8 Lugs

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:45 am
by Bondobob
Not a lot to update. I've been driving it a lot and doing some "Maintenance" related stuff fluids, filters getting ready to set up my Front end stuff Thuren prep'd king shocks, springs control arms and track bar. Carli King bumps, motor mounts and diff guard.
First step is adding the truss to the 9.25AAM before anything else.

Did install gauges

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380213609.225743.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380213609.225743.jpg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380213868.125133.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380213868.125133.jpg (30.9 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
And a kenwood DD Bluetooth& XM head unit with an OEM factory Navi dash bezel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380213938.759189.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380213938.759189.jpg (33.04 KiB) Viewed 3792 times