Page 1 of 1

Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:26 pm
by cwrisley
I picked up this F150 right after I sold the the ole brown Bronco. Its a pretty clean 93 that has a 351W and E40D trans. Came with a throttle body spacer and JBA shorty headers. The interior is really nice. Almost no stains or tears to speak of, and its really nice having carpet, AC, and a radio again! The plan is to keep it a daily driver with some mild upgrades.

Here she is the day she came home with me...
Image

The PO had some backwoods redneck radius arms that were too scary to keep on. I got some hand-me-downs from a buddy and picked up freshly powder coated Camburg coils (I was told they came off CrazyJims F1). She sits a lil nose up, arrogant if you will. Kinda has the bro look going. Time for Deavers in the rear! Tires will probably be the next purchase, since the tires on there are pretty much shot out. I also spent a few hours stripping the wheels and got them painted. Might not be the coolest way to do it, but its economical! Actually turned out pretty nice for never having painted wheels before.

Image
Image
Image

"New" radius arms...
Image
Image

Check out the scary radius arms I pulled off. The bald 31's rubbed reeaally bad. Now the don't even touch at full turn.
Image
Image

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:33 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
Nice find!

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:34 pm
by tcm glx
Sweet!! I'm diggin the F1s being built!

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:26 pm
by cwrisley
I replaced all the fuel injectors today. What a pain in the ass and in the wallet! Fresh plugs, a cleaned up throttle body, some fresh paint....she runs like a champ!

Image

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:16 pm
by cwrisley
The new injectors seems to have stopped my hard starting issue when the truck was warm. Im guessing an injector was stuck open cuz it would stink of raw fuel after it started and the exhaust smelled really rich. All better now. Oil pan gasket replaced today (not by me), so no more drops everywhere I park.....especially my concrete driveway!

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 pm
by crisis88
cwrisley wrote:I replaced all the fuel injectors today. What a pain in the ass and in the wallet! Fresh plugs, a cleaned up throttle body, some fresh paint....she runs like a champ!
If you don't mind me asking what injectors did you go with and what did it run you? I was thinking about doing this to the bronco also... Injectors seem to have a wide range of price.

Thanks
Jose

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 am
by cwrisley
I got Napa's Echlin injectors. I payed $500 for the set. They seemed to be the most common and best price. Other than being hot pink, I have no complaints so far.

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:50 am
by blueoval8493
Had the same year 351 with the same problem you described. I cheaped out and bought some accels from summit. They were pretty cheap and I haven't had any problems with them in over 4 yrs. I'm sure yours are better quality but my cheapies been good so far.

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:03 pm
by pat_car22
Nice Radius Arms! I signed up, I also enjoy the Coors Light can in the Back round of your pic!

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 pm
by cwrisley
Small update:
New 33" BFG's stuff under her. They rub a bit at almost full turn, but once I put the Camburg radius arm pivots I got in there and remove the hack job stock ones welded to the frame, it should clear. The front bumper got pulled due to clearance issues, and my tube bumper should be welded on soon anyways.

Image
Image
Image

Anyone need a clean 92-96 front and rear stock bumper?

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:52 pm
by cwrisley

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:31 pm
by ChaseTruck754
What happened with this one?

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:54 am
by cwrisley
Nothing "happened". Im buying a new truck, so just freeing up some cash. I posted that I'd trade for an XJ cuz the family is getting into that, and my boys are absolutely loving all the hunting, fishing, and camping we do. A jeep would be great for that.....on second thought, so would a Bronco!

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:20 am
by cwrisley
Sold!

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:26 pm
by cwrisley
Dang, a one page "build thread" for the ole F1. Pitiful.

The replacement...
Image

Re: Chris' 93 F150

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:52 am
by Rmc
Ttb comming soon to a Chevy near you? Jk nice truck bro.