Page 1 of 1
79 F100
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 pm
by Broncodawg
79 F100, 302/C6, 4.56, Detroit, 35 spline, Cut and turned beams, 8 Fox resi shocks, engine cage, bed cage, bumpers, chase rack, leaking fuel cell, darn it.
Picked this up recently and going to get it back on the road when I can.
Parked for a few years and needs to be gone thru, but going to be fun when I get it going. The truck chased bikes in baja with FAIR pits in its day.
79 F3Fitty with 60s next to it is a future tow rig.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm
by Broncodawg
Here's some more.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 pm
by Nick
I've been waiting for you to post pics of this! Very cool truck! What are the plans for it?
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm
by tcm glx
Awesome Rig!! Man these old rigs really look good, I am starting too become a fan (aka want one myself!)
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm
by Nick
tcm glx wrote: I am starting too become a fan (aka want one myself!)
You and me both! There have been some nice ones being posted on RDC.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 pm
by Broncodawg
Nick wrote:I've been waiting for you to post pics of this! Very cool truck! What are the plans for it?
Thanks, Rebuild the eng, trans, shocks, new coils, springs and run it.
Need to cage the cab, and yeah I know, do it first before I get it running and do somethin stupid.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:42 pm
by Nick
I hope to see it in person someday!
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:30 am
by ChaseTruck754
NICE! So did you have it listed on RDC a while back - or did you buy it off RDC a while back? I saved the pics from the add when I saw it on RDC. I'm gonna snag these and add to my collection now too

Re: 79 F100
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:56 am
by Broncodawg
Got it off RDC. The guy sweetened the deal with a rebuildable 428 CJ and C6 on the side, so couldn't pass it up. Like to put the 428 in my 79 F350 and stay small block in the F100 for weight. Keep us updated on your F100/150? build.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:14 pm
by BajaBronco13
This is one of my favorite vintage chase trucks. I totally dig it.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:21 pm
by BajaBronco13
Oh and what ever you do keep those OG Fair stickers on the windshield and back window. Very cool ride. I remember when that thing was up for sale and I thought damn I should try to pick that truck up. Glad to hear it's gone to a good home.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 pm
by Broncodawg
Thanks, It'll be back in baja one of these days chasing again, and you got it, the Fair stickers stay. Picked up a 78 F150 parts truck for it the other day with a clean rust free cab that I ought to swap onto it because the 79 cab has some bad rust on the passenger side and the truck was flopped on that side too, some time ago. Likely get it running and drive it for awhile tho first.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:26 am
by ChaseTruck754
You mind sharing how much you got it for? I was interested in it when I saw it for sale but didn't need another...
Also - you keeping the chase rack on it - or you gonna put that on the F-350 tow rig.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:25 pm
by Broncodawg
$3K and yeah the rack will end up on the 350 and/or my 97 powerstroke.
There's a 79 150 Stepside SB 4x4 in the prerunner classifieds right now on Race-Dez.
No pics and $5,500. Forgot to grab the link.
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 pm
by ChaseTruck754
I saw that. I almost asked him for pics but I don't need to temp myself with another...
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:00 pm
by 7D6F250
man, dig that truck, gives some inspiration!

Re: 79 F100
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 pm
by BajaBronco13
Bummer to hear that rack will be removed. Gives that truck lots of character IMO. But I'm sure it's going to look great either way. There is just something really cool about vintage rides. Keep the pics coming.
Chris
Re: 79 F100
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:16 pm
by Joxracing
...i just drooled all over my laptop...
thanks, i hope your happy.