Page 1 of 2
Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 pm
by SteveG
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:04 pm
by AussieRod
Thanks, Steve, its good to see an older build up be successful

Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:46 am
by yikes
A while back? I think I was riding Huffys when that came out.
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:17 am
by damon1272
That was Nancy's old truck. Rode in it a few times. Worked great, got the crap beat out of it many many times and just kept going.
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:08 am
by 300
The cable axle straps never caught on though!
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:56 am
by toddz69
300 wrote:The cable axle straps never caught on though!
Actually there were quite a number of vehicles back in the day that had the cable limiting straps.
I remember when that article came out too - I still have a copy in my "prerunner files" book at home.
Todd Z.
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 am
by ChaseTruck754
Glad I'm not the only one with a "prerunner files" book!
Although I stopped tearing the articles out of Magazines about 7 years ago. I've gone to saving pics off the web now - mainly of cool fab ideas or parts.
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 pm
by Seabass
Two bypasses on the same corner... interesting.
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm
by Wood
300 wrote:The cable axle straps never caught on though!
That would never work!
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:43 pm
by Wood
Seriously, though...I love that Steve posted this article. I was talking to him a while back when I bought my bronco about that article, I think I was about 18 y/o when it came out, and droolin' over that kind of truck. I probably have that magazine in a box somewhere still too.
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 am
by PaulW
damon1272 wrote:That was Nancy's old truck. Rode in it a few times. Worked great, got the crap beat out of it many many times and just kept going.
=
Last I heard was Nancy was bought and taken to Farmington NM then the owner moved to Pagosa CO. and was offering it for sale.How thing move around.
PaulW
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:16 pm
by jkrell
Awesome article steve...i've always had a lot of respect for the spirit work. I REALLY like the idea of notching the front fuel tank in the last link to get the correct shock placement under the bed. i was planning to remove the tank on my build but a simple notch and then I can run both tanks and get the proper shock placement under the bed. THANKS!
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 pm
by damon1272
Do yourself a favor and buy a new tank and notch it. I hated notching a used tank. Took precautions but the first cut had you wondering if you were going to get your hair blown back a bit....
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:48 pm
by jkrell
damon1272 wrote:Do yourself a favor and buy a new tank and notch it. I hated notching a used tank. Took precautions but the first cut had you wondering if you were going to get your hair blown back a bit....
Thanks for the tip...i'll have to think about that one. From what i've seen the after market tanks are lower quality than the factory stuff so I might be better modifying factory tank...but i'll be sure drop match in it and run before i go cutting into it

Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:05 pm
by Travisfab
Been at the Spirit shop the past few days myself working on my cage. Jeremy is a master at his craft!
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:31 pm
by jkrell
Travisfab wrote:Been at the Spirit shop the past few days myself working on my cage. Jeremy is a master at his craft!
You think Jeremy might have any more detailed pictures of the rear shock mounts on that old f1 he would be willing to share?
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:21 pm
by SteveG
jkrell wrote:Travisfab wrote:Been at the Spirit shop the past few days myself working on my cage. Jeremy is a master at his craft!
You think Jeremy might have any more detailed pictures of the rear shock mounts on that old f1 he would be willing to share?
Peep this for more Spirkoff goodness:
http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/proj ... -9925.html
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:38 am
by jkrell
Ya I spent an hour scoping the pictures on that last night.
I chased for Greg foutz quite a bit back in the day so I remember how fast and awesome that truck was.
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:34 am
by Travisfab
jkrell wrote:Travisfab wrote:Been at the Spirit shop the past few days myself working on my cage. Jeremy is a master at his craft!
You think Jeremy might have any more detailed pictures of the rear shock mounts on that old f1 he would be willing to share?
Man that's going back to film days! Are you looking for the lower or upper mounts?
Re: Spirit F150-OLD SCHOOL... kinda
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:48 pm
by jkrell
Travisfab wrote:jkrell wrote:Travisfab wrote:Been at the Spirit shop the past few days myself working on my cage. Jeremy is a master at his craft!
You think Jeremy might have any more detailed pictures of the rear shock mounts on that old f1 he would be willing to share?
Man that's going back to film days! Are you looking for the lower or upper mounts?
Break out the shoebox! Ya I'd love to see some pics of the upper mount if there are any around.