Page 1 of 4

1995 4x4 F150 extra cab project

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:55 am
by funinthesun95
OK ,

I love broncos and was bummed when I decided to part out my beast. But it was time to focus on one project and try and get the best of both worlds in a prerunner with AC power everything and cage front to rear. So here comes the build….
The truck is a 1995 extra cab flare side with a 5.8l and E40D 4x4. The cab cage is started 1.75 120 wall cromo and will be finished with cromo. Then the engine cage and bed cage.

Big Thanks ahead of time to:

Mark from southwest performance

Dave aka slappy style

Autofab Timmy

These guys have had a big part in my build and helping me finish my project and enjoy the sport.......all are very good at what they do....


Update and changes to project are in Bold


Stage One
Stock motor tranny

I Change the fuel set up to 2 32 fuel safe cells for lots of gas....it is the poor mans big tank

17 inch raceline wheels not sure on tires yet

Front end
4.5 over beams
extended radius arms
3.0 14 coil over (old school kuster)
Bypass front on hold
Bump stop
Fiber glass finder and hood

Rear
going to link now
3.0 18 coilover
3.0 19 bypass
9 inch rear....it is looking like a dirt tech and Dirt tech trailing arms Fiber glass finders

I will post up some pictures after the race this weekend.

Mark from Southwest Performance will be doing the Cage work or fab work to speed things up for me. Right Mark....lol

Then I’m up.... with my buddy's Dave and Timmy

Stage two
vintage air unit
Motor
Autofab Motor Mounts
MAF conversion
Ford Aluminum heads
X303 cam
JBA headers
Tranny E40D with diesel parts in it
3 bolt Dana 3rd member
dual 32 fuel safe celll.....so lots of gas this has been moved up....lol

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am
by ChaseTruck754
Can't wait to see pics of this! Sounds like a cool build.

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 am
by convoy
IMHO 3.0 Coil over and 3.0 Bypass will be a tight fit up front, doable but tight non-the-less. Why not use a 2.5 coil over instead, since it will free up some room (MC clearance), coils will be cheaper, more spring rates available, and easier to get a hold of. I went down this road and decided on the 3.0 / 2.5 combo for these reasons. I've always like the step sides like Bajanorth and your project sounds great.

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:29 pm
by funinthesun95
You are correct on the tight fit. I have the 3.0 coilovers already. If the bypass does not fit to my liking I will just go to a coilover 3.0 and 2.5 bump up front. I have 2.5 14 coilover I can run if I am set on a 3.0 bypass set up in front but im not......yet....lol

The good news is I have options. On the last two builds crewcab f150 Centurion I ran 2.5 14 kings coilovers 2.5 king bumps on cut and turned and it work just fine for fun truck. My best firend has that truck now wish I would have never sold it. my last bronco had 3.0 14 coilovers it worked fine as well. I guess what im saying is I see were you are coming from.

Im not stuck on bling factor so 3.0/3.0 does not have to happen.

What I do know is when the truck gets linked the same thing will come up and it will all come down to money.....lol

my old Baby.......90% of parts came from her.....cage was ruff...parts were sweet

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:34 pm
by BajaBronco13
funinthesun95 wrote: On the last two builds crewcab f150 Centurion I ran 2.5 14 kings coilovers 2.5 king bumps on cut and turned and it work just fine for fun truck. My best firend has that truck now wish I would have never sold it.
Did you own that white four door F150 Centurion that was linked? Any pics of your old truck?

Chris

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:12 pm
by Deleted Account
thats the one Chris

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:27 pm
by funinthesun95
BajaBronco13 wrote:
funinthesun95 wrote: On the last two builds crewcab f150 Centurion I ran 2.5 14 kings coilovers 2.5 king bumps on cut and turned and it work just fine for fun truck. My best firend has that truck now wish I would have never sold it.
Did you own that white four door F150 Centurion that was linked? Any pics of your old truck?

Chris
Chris I was the owner here are some early pics......It was my sleeper called it the farm truck. Ran it on 33 inch tires 2 inches of lift all stock finders stock 15 inch alcoas....engine cage and a bad bed cage....lol I wanted to keep the bed until it got full cage is why. very fun though. right now it is striped and about to get caged and fiber glass for a real prerunner 4 door.( I have the complete inside of the truck if anyone need something) we are also building a 1975 extra cab full build is the plan we will see how it goes. The 1975 is getting dry iced next week cab and frame....(same thing as sand blasted but they use dry ice very little clean up) it is sweet.
I will look for pictures for you....

Willie

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Ok - now you REALLY have my interest with the '75 extra cab. I NEED pics of that!

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 pm
by funinthesun95
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Ok - now you REALLY have my interest with the '75 extra cab. I NEED pics of that!

Ok Im working on it.... we just got her so I will go and take some.

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 pm
by BajaBronco13
Yeah I remember that truck Willie. Very cool. It's going to make a really nice prerunner.

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:44 pm
by funinthesun95
BajaBronco13 wrote:Yeah I remember that truck Willie. Very cool. It's going to make a really nice prerunner.

As long as I can keep my Best friend from going crazy with the build and in the buget it we be back very soon. cage fiber glass 4 over beams (im not to sure about this with how long it is) 17 inch wheels and 35 and go party. I should have put the auto fab front end on it before I sold the truck.

But we are getting off track

1995 extra cab 4x4 built by Southwest Performance and Me. I can't tell you how stoked I am Mark going to help me on finishing this build.

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm
by bajascott
sounds like a great start and you have the right plans....

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:24 pm
by funinthesun95
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Ok - now you REALLY have my interest with the '75 extra cab. I NEED pics of that!

Here you go......Steve just the start of the project just order the glass to size the rearend. the one we have is 98 wms to wms to big haha I will get a pic up

This is before the Dry Ice rust removal.......im green friendly....lol buddy owns the place...lol

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:32 pm
by funinthesun95
GPS just got here.....will be running Iway500 and HDS-5m so two units

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:53 am
by ChaseTruck754
Wholy crap that thing is HUGE!!!! Maybe a new thread just for this thing is in order???

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:36 pm
by funinthesun95
Here is the frame after being dry iced......just to give you guys a idea works well. Not the best pic tho.

one more of the cab after dry Ice......broke the windshield.....not good....hah

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:53 am
by rvenegas
what is the reason for the dry ice? I am having issues with rust, the engine cage is out of chromoly, I wipe it down with an sos pad but it comes back the next morning..even if I give it a wd-40 bath... sorry to hijack your thread just wondering if you know how to get rid of it...I even painted the bottom with rust-o-leum spray paint but a week later it just flaked off....

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:00 pm
by funinthesun95
rvenegas wrote:what is the reason for the dry ice? I am having issues with rust, the engine cage is out of chromoly, I wipe it down with an sos pad but it comes back the next morning..even if I give it a wd-40 bath... sorry to hijack your thread just wondering if you know how to get rid of it...I even painted the bottom with rust-o-leum spray paint but a week later it just flaked off....

do you plan on doing anymore to the cage? I used marine paint it says it changed the molecular compounds or some shit but it dose work….as u may know rust is a living thing once it starts u have to cut it out most time to get rid of it. this is not a option for most of us.....if you would like the name of the stuff i used let me know.

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab project and 1975 F250 project

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:33 am
by rvenegas
Yes I plan on adding a few more tubes to the cage and to support the coilovers, what was the brand of stuff you used, cab looks good by the way..

Re: 1995 4x4 F150 extra cab project and 1975 F250 project

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:33 pm
by funinthesun95
Ok Boys the front end is done and has been cleaned....I have no idea why people would paint radius arms Florescent green and Florescent orange .....and it was under black....lol

I added uniballs and the back plate to drive side beam while dave was in there he added weld on the radius arm bung nut thing.....if thats what it is called. Also found the 513 that I had in it are in pieces….oh well....3 bolt here we come

next put it on and get it to Mark....also more pics right