A pair of 74's...

Dust
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:41 pm
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994
Location: Central Oregon

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by Dust »

ChaseTruck754 wrote: Image
Image
Thanks!
I'm moving the axle as far forward as I can!
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Can you run it outside the frame rail? Wouldnt that work better or will it come out goofy?
User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Lookin like progress!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thanks Will.

Randy - not getting what you are saying. It is outside the framerail. If you mean right over the frame rail - above where the body tower attaches the the frame, then no - the 4" pipe is about 2" too big to fit in there.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Gotcha. I couldnt tell from the pic. You running it all the way back? I may have missed it.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Exiting in front of the rear tire.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Been a long while since an update...

I've been moving stuff to the new house more than anything, but I've also been trying to get any time I can in the shop. That's mean a few 1/2 hour sessions at lunch & then a 1/2 hour to an hour before work here & there.
Sadly this hasn't added up to much as what I've been doing of course took longer than planned.

But, after a week or 2 of this on and off I can say the gas tank is now fully welded!!

I put the finishing beads on the thing at lunch today!

I ended up getting the sacrificial "skid" plate for the tank back from being bent late last week & had spent a bit of time setting up for the fuel fill mounting plate on top of the tank too.

Here's a couple pics.
Image
Image


The only other thing I've done besides the fuel tank is I got my drag link welded up & painted. It's just a basic tube so no pics of that.

I hope to get most of Sunday in my shop, and hopefully working on this thing, but we'll how that goes
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by Rmc »

Cell is looking great, well done.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thanks. I messed with the fill neck a bit this morning around finishing up welding the stupid TV mount.
Attachments
x 093.jpg
x 093.jpg (73.86 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
x 098.jpg
x 098.jpg (68.77 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by BDKW1 »

Doubler plate on the TV mount? You planning on hitting the SF whoops with that?
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

you know me - all about the overkill!

Funny thing is the 1st thing my wife asked me (seriously mind you) was "Is it gonna be strong enough?"
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by Rmc »

U could be a smarty n reply" ya know I'm not shure babe I think I gotta put a truss on it n take it to currie to have it straightened afterward" n come home with a new rear end. Tell her it was free with the truss kit :)
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Sad part is she knows nothing of off road, trucks, any of this so she'd have zero clue what the truss & straighten would mean...


On an actual progress note - the truck is holding itself up for the 1st time in a LONG while! Got the front springs and 1 rear spring together this weekend and then did the 2nd rear spring this morning. Too bad I forgot my camera to document the moment...

Still - it's time set the pinion angle on this bad boy & get some of the rear end stuff welded up!
User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by Becks_Bronco »

what in the world is that TV mount going to be mounted on!?

Looking forward to pics of her on her feet Steve!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It has to catch studs at all 4 mounting holes for when the big arsed TV the WIFE has (my TV is a tube type and still has a rounded front!!!) is extended out from the wall the 12" or so this thing allows!


As for the pics on her feet - it's not much but here's a couple from today. I'm messing with the fuel fill plate & tube.
Attachments
x 096.jpg
x 096.jpg (116.52 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
x 099.jpg
x 099.jpg (92.64 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Shit ya brother! Your exhaust joints look nice and tight...takes patience!
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by BDKW1 »

Whoa, you can actually walk around both sides of the truck. You have been clearing shit out!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Shit ya brother! Your exhaust joints look nice and tight...takes patience!
Yeah - I'm way too anal about most crap... :roll:

BDKW1 wrote:Whoa, you can actually walk around both sides of the truck. You have been clearing shit out!
Funny - my wife doesn't think it looks like anything has left! But yeah, I'm parting my life out bit by bit. It's taking a while as I'm having to sell all my crap 2 & 3 times based on people having things come up & then all out flakes in general, but hey it's life...
User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Steve, are you leaving the shop altogether? Or just streamlining things?
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

ChaseTruck754 wrote: Funny - my wife doesn't think it looks like anything has left! But yeah, I'm parting my life out bit by bit. It's taking a while as I'm having to sell all my crap 2 & 3 times based on people having things come up & then all out flakes in general, but hey it's life...
Yep, that's craigslist... A lot of weirdos out there! Buy, walk, or flake, as long as I don't end up in a hole in someones basement I consider it a successful transaction.
Post Reply