1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

VintageIronFab
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
Bronco Info: Bronco List:
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by VintageIronFab »

Pat your F150 build is so damn aggravating because I love the utility of a truck. The bedcage looks really nice. The stock spring plates turned into shock mounts are just awsome. I'm kind of an FOA fan - just curious why you went that route.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

VintageIronFab wrote:Pat your F150 build is so damn aggravating because I love the utility of a truck. The bedcage looks really nice. The stock spring plates turned into shock mounts are just awsome. I'm kind of an FOA fan - just curious why you went that route.
Sorry not trying to make anyone mad. :D Thanks for the compliments, though.

I went FOA really because I wanted to see and work with them.To look at the quality and see how well I can make them work. Kind of an under dog thing I guess. Lots of people hate them so why not find out why. haha. Their quality has gone up a lot, the coilovers are pretty nice. The bypasses had some issues and are currently back in Vegas getting looked at. Apparently I am having a problem they have not encountered before. We will see how it turns out. I am hoping for the best. :) .
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by Rmc »

I'm curious to see how they work out for you. I had a set but I sold them mainly due to me finding a used set of 18" kings. I replaced the fronts with kings after that. What happened was I looked for 4 months for used 18's and they were the only set that came up.
jkrell
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:09 am
Bronco Info: Ford F150 Flareside
Location: So Cal

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by jkrell »

Looks great, really digging the steering. Impressed with how quick you knock this stuff out!
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

jkrell wrote:Looks great, really digging the steering. Impressed with how quick you knock this stuff out!
Thanks man. I always think it takes me forever to do things. But you are not the first that has told me I work fast. haha. Probably helps I have no life besides the wife(but she understands I have a disease and is very supportive. :D ) and kids. I have no other obligations except work and the family.
Rmc wrote:I'm curious to see how they work out for you. I had a set but I sold them mainly due to me finding a used set of 18" kings. I replaced the fronts with kings after that. What happened was I looked for 4 months for used 18's and they were the only set that came up.
I really hope they work out. Kind of what happened to me. I couldn't find anything used when I was looking and figured what the hell why not.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by tcm glx »

Truck is looking great!! Love the spare tire mounts.

I spy generals on the truck, did you pull off the falkens?
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

Thanks Tony.

The Falkens are sitting in a corner in my garage. I didn't like them and had issues with them. Had to have one warrantied for a really bad radial pull. They rode terrible and were stupid heavy. I was pretty bummed because I hadn't heard anything bad about them before I decided on them. But the generals have been fantastic so far.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by tcm glx »

otter wrote:Thanks Tony.

The Falkens are sitting in a corner in my garage. I didn't like them and had issues with them. Had to have one warrantied for a really bad radial pull. They rode terrible and were stupid heavy. I was pretty bummed because I hadn't heard anything bad about them before I decided on them. But the generals have been fantastic so far.

Funny thing, I went to buy the Falkens for the Expedition, and my guy at Discount refused, he said they are junk, they were fast and balance terrible. He basically said You will never forgive me for selling them to you, sold me the Yokos for the same price. Mixed bag on the review for em.....oh well. Glad you are happy with the generals. Looking forward to more updates!! Keep em coming.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by SteveG »

otter wrote:Nope never showed why they are there. It's set up for two stand up spares. The tabs are for the racket strap and a lock system.

The tube portion slides through the center of the wheel into a boss and uses a 5/8 lockable hitch pin. The top hole on the tad is for the racket strap.
Ah, nice. I figured it was for spares but couldn't place where they'd go and how the tabs came into play. Good job. I like it.
VintageIronFab
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
Bronco Info: Bronco List:
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by VintageIronFab »

More pics with the stand up tires
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

As requested and if anyone feels the need to donated to factory Alcoas, let me know. :D


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

*Two.
nubreed71
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by nubreed71 »

Looking good!!!
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by dtbback »

Awesome looking!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looks good. Tire size = 35" - correct?
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

Yes 35's
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

So as as soon as I get the truck buttoned up, she will be for sale :( . Found out I will be moving to Hawaii for a few years. Pretty bummed. But excited at the same time. So be on the look out if you are looking for a new truck.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by Rmc »

Get that sucker shipped Over man. Those folks won't know what to make of a prerunner.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

I really thought about it, but it makes more sense to sell it before. They have some crazy vehicle laws I don't want to deal with and nowhere to use it. I plan on buying a couple dirt bikes for me and the boys and save a massive truck fund for my return.

Also my Excursion is also going up for sale.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by tcm glx »

Sounds like a cool opportunity Otter. How long you going to be over there?

What are you asking for the f1 and the excursion. What are the details on the excursion.
Post Reply