A pair of 74's...

User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by BajaF250 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote: mmmm - fire melting rubber smells good!
Image
So is this what's meant by "lighting up a fatty?" :shock:

Yeah, I know, that was bad!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

if you breathe the stuff it might do the same to your head - hahaha. That smoke is NASTY!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Again waiting on parts from Ruff Stuff - well, Philo now actually.

Gave Ruff Stuff a second chance and ordered more stuff but they seemed to have dropped the ball again. I had asked to talk to Dan but salesman assured me he'd be able to straighten it out just like Dan would. Oh well, not sure I'll order from them again unless I don't need the part for a month...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by philofab »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Again waiting on parts from Ruff Stuff - well, Philo now actually.

Gave Ruff Stuff a second chance and ordered more stuff but they seemed to have dropped the ball again. I had asked to talk to Dan but salesman assured me he'd be able to straighten it out just like Dan would. Oh well, not sure I'll order from them again unless I don't need the part for a month...
You parts went out! $10.70 for shipping. I would have kept them but I don't have a D60 and I like Aluminum and Unobtainium.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thanks Philo! I told you it was gonna be more than the $4 you thought. Still - we can take the $ off that gas tank whenever you pick it up.

One of these days I'll get my parts and be able to get back to work...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by BajaF250 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote: One of these days I'll get my parts and be able to get back to work...
Man Steve, you really are in parts hell!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by tcm glx »

UPDATES???
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by philofab »

tcm glx wrote:UPDATES???
He has no parts and didn't do anything this weekend... I've been giving him a hard time.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yup. Got 1/2 the parts - but they were for the crew cab.

Even with that the Alfa stole my attention on Saturday with a rough idle problem I had my uncle chase down for me, and then Sunday a buddies house got the attention.

I feel bad for loosing what should have been an entire weekend of work, but am I semi burnt out on working on this stuff right now so breaks aren't bad. Hopefully I'll have some progress tonight - we'll see.

Until then I gotta call Riff Stuff again and see what the heck is up.


On a side note - I picked up another set of 8 lug alcoas this weekend and am now tempted to convert the Supercab to 8 lug so I can share spares (tires and rear end parts) between the trucks. Opinions? And Tony's opinion doesn't count here as he just wants my 5 spoke alcoas ;)
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Dust
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:41 pm
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994
Location: Central Oregon

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by Dust »

All of my stuff is going 8-lug likely including the Bronco, certainly my 75 will stay 8-Lug. Thinking about a trail Ranger built out of my parts pile... Yup, 8-Lug Ranger. I have the 5 lug stuff but running big: 37" up tires, I think I'd rather have the strength, and just keep the 5-lug to help out of town friends out with... :lol:
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Yup. Got 1/2 the parts - but they were for the crew cab.

Even with that the Alfa stole my attention on Saturday with a rough idle problem I had my uncle chase down for me, and then Sunday a buddies house got the attention.

I feel bad for loosing what should have been an entire weekend of work, but am I semi burnt out on working on this stuff right now so breaks aren't bad. Hopefully I'll have some progress tonight - we'll see.

Until then I gotta call Riff Stuff again and see what the heck is up.


On a side note - I picked up another set of 8 lug alcoas this weekend and am now tempted to convert the Supercab to 8 lug so I can share spares (tires and rear end parts) between the trucks. Opinions? And Tony's opinion doesn't count here as he just wants my 5 spoke alcoas ;)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by BajaBronco13 »

But the important question is Steve will SuperBad make it to the 1000 this year? I hope so it would be great to see it out there. I'm still planning on bringing the White Bronco.

CP
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

BajaBronco13 wrote:But the important question is Steve will SuperBad make it to the 1000 this year? I hope so it would be great to see it out there. I'm still planning on bringing the White Bronco.

CP
Nope. And I'm very confident in that - haha!

Even if I do get it running by that time (I hope I do but doubt it) I wouldn't take it down as it will be no where near ready enough. The plan for it is to just get it running enough to drive across town if need be, and then go back to focusing on the crew. Get that road worthy then come back to the supercab.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Got a little done today, but spent too much time digging out and taking apart stuff for parts I'm going to sell tomorrow. Sucks I wasted a bunch of time but $$ is good because then I can buy more parts for the toys..

Got some more bolts shanked and some stuff is going back together.

Never made the time to call Ruff Stuff today so will have to tomorrow.

Image
Image
Image
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

So just got an email that my Ruff Stuff order finally shipped... Yes this is still the same one that was originally ordered July 21 and then re-ordered again and again up until last week or the week before when they assured me it would go out the next day. Well, guess what... it went to Philo's place in AZ again.

Sooo pissed!


Below is my email to Dan...

Dan - I am sending this to you as I don't have an email for Garrett. I would call but I just got this and it's way too late now. This is the 2nd package you guys have sent to the WRONG address and the SECOND time it has happened after I personally have asked Garrett to confirm my shipping address while on the phone with him to make sure the thing went to the right spot.

I'm a patient guy and can understand a slip up now and then, but this many in a row from what I believe is your shipping department and I am pretty frustrated.

I've always heard how good you guys were and how people got the right parts right away but I will admit that has NOT been my experience.


Steve
(949) xxx-xxxx
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by BajaF250 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:So just got an email that my Ruff Stuff order finally shipped... Yes this is still the same one that was originally ordered July 21 and then re-ordered again and again up until last week or the week before when they assured me it would go out the next day. Well, guess what... it went to Philo's place in AZ again.

Sooo pissed!


I think Philo's the source of the subterfuge. :P
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Naw - I'm thinking it's that they are having some growing pains and are having trouble keeping up with too many orders/whatever going on at once. Either way I ran the tracking number and saw that the thing was going out today - NOT that it had already gone out yesterday like they make the email imply... I called this morning and they changed the shipping address.

It's just frustrating that I've done that 3 times now. So now that it's almost mid September I can get the parts I ordered in mid-late July.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by BajaF250 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Naw - I'm thinking it's that they are having some growing pains and are having trouble keeping up with too many orders/whatever going on at once. Either way I ran the tracking number and saw that the thing was going out today - NOT that it had already gone out yesterday like they make the email imply... I called this morning and they changed the shipping address.

It's just frustrating that I've done that 3 times now. So now that it's almost mid September I can get the parts I ordered in mid-late July.
Yeah, I know what you mean, you get to a point that you can't make any further progress without the parts... frustrating...
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by SteveG »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Below is my email to Dan...
I'm a patient guy, too, but when it comes to shipping times I have very little patience. If a product is on the shelf, there's no reason it can't go out the same or next day. If it needs to be made they need to update the customer as soon as it's done or immediately if something changes.
I think sometimes vendors lose sight of the fact that people are typically waiting on pins and needles for their product. Whether it be out of true necessity or an eagerness to see their new toy. Whatever the case, a long wait time leaves a bad taste in my mouth and does nothing for my repeat business.

I grew up in customer service and while I feel I'm very understanding of the things that happen, I'm admittedly a demanding customer when I'm spending my (or my employer's) hard earned money. If you don't meet my [high] expectations you won't get my money again. I'm completely fed up with poor service and do my best to send my money to people that work for it rather than people that have lost sight of the fact that it's customers that keep them in business.

RANT OVER!

Hopefully your problems are just a fluke and will be handled. I really hate to see small businesses go bad when they can't handle growth.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
MOSS2
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 pm
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Re: A pair of 74's...

Post by MOSS2 »

Sorry to hear about your delays with them. Mostly hear good things about their service. I know this started a couple months back but in their defense I will say they are in the middle of changing over to a new shop. They are having a 15% moving sale too if you put MOVING in the promotion box. I think they will get better. Heard something about them going to open a Arizona shop too but will see what happens.
Ken
Post Reply