OG 94 Explorer Build

User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

I could run 35's but the rear wheel wells/body really need to be hacked out for more clearance. The truck has 32's now and has about 3-4" of lift.

Grabbing a new pitman arm today to help with this! lol

Image
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

Threw a drop pitman arm on & it made a night & day difference. Also strapped it & started on the shock hoop cross member.
Image
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

Rear shocks are in. I hid the reservoirs up above the spare, nice & low profile.
Image
User avatar
cypher
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by cypher »

The grooves on the wild peaks are so shallow in some areas. It might help to add some back with a tire groover.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

I will never get them again!
User avatar
cypher
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by cypher »

I had a set but didn't keep them long enough to hate them. I did have a set of general At2's that I didn't like.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

I am doing my best to burn them to the ground and use my warranty!
User avatar
FUFIMI
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 pm
Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)
Location: Portland, OR

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by FUFIMI »

I saw on pirate that you said you are going to fullsize ttb. That is going to make this little explorer even more badass, awesome build man
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

Thanks man. I'm not in a huge hurry to do it, just waiting to come across the parts I need.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by cs_drums »

Giant sells the TTB mounts for 44 to ranger/explorer. Cost a bit more but save tons of time over doing it yourself.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

CopyCat makes them too. He's about to do another batch per his DR thread.
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/fab-sho ... ost3738115
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by tcm glx »

Travisfab wrote:I guess one TTB Ford was not enough for me. Just picked this up. Going to keep it simple and build it old school style. No Led's, no coilovers, no fiberglass.

Plans are:

James Duff kit in front
Shackle lift & James Duff shocks in the rear
Swap to manual hubs
Locker up front
15" Outlaw 2's
33x10.50's
Sliders
New front bumper/grille
Ski rack delete
Side molding delete
Tint windows

That's about it for now, going to keep it simple and start doing some 4x4 stuff.
HAHAHA!!! I love how we all start our threads with "going to keep it simple"

Looking forward to seeing this on 35s and full width.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:CopyCat makes them too. He's about to do another batch per his DR thread.
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/fab-sho ... ost3738115

On it!
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

tcm glx wrote:
Travisfab wrote:I guess one TTB Ford was not enough for me. Just picked this up. Going to keep it simple and build it old school style. No Led's, no coilovers, no fiberglass.

Plans are:

James Duff kit in front
Shackle lift & James Duff shocks in the rear
Swap to manual hubs
Locker up front
15" Outlaw 2's
33x10.50's
Sliders
New front bumper/grille
Ski rack delete
Side molding delete
Tint windows

That's about it for now, going to keep it simple and start doing some 4x4 stuff.
HAHAHA!!! I love how we all start our threads with "going to keep it simple"

Looking forward to seeing this on 35s and full width.

It's been a year & I'll admit to having vehicle ADD. No telling whats going to happen in the next year!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Travisfab wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:CopyCat makes them too. He's about to do another batch per his DR thread.
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/fab-sho ... ost3738115

On it!
I don't get why he doesn't do more runs or what the deal is. Seems he has guys wanting them all the time. Maybe they are cost prohibitive to have the shop cut 1 at a time. Still if I had an order for 10 sets or something like he's done in the past I'd take a bit of the profit & pay for a few more sets to be run at the same time so as to sell when guys want them.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

I've asked him if he wanted to sell the cad file and it seems like he doesnt even want to sell it.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I was going to do the same thing. Thanks for saving me the time - haha
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

1 year to the day since I picked this thing up.
Just ordered some Dana 44 conversion brackets, so that will be the next big change

Image
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

Had a blast with this thing on it's first desert run. It handles amazing. Out of the box it is really impressive. As usual, the desert will bring out any weakness in your vehicle. I cracked the housing that the heater hoses go into. Quick little bypass & I was good to go. I then had a charging issue. Alternator took a dump & took the battery along with it. I came home with a new alternator & a Die Hard platinum AGM battery. For the amount of abuse this thing can take an acid filled battery was not going to cut it. Unfortunately, no good pics, but I'm working on a little in car video.
Image
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: OG 94 Explorer Build

Post by Travisfab »

Post Reply