Page 1 of 1

Steering column removal

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:47 pm
by essexjet
I’m thinking of removing the factory steering column on my 93 and building one. Beside losing turn signal, wiper control will there be any problems doing so? I already have a QD steering wheel so haven’t had cruise or a horn for a while. I have winters shifter so the OD button has been relocated.
What I’m wondering is would I expect any problems completely removing it?

Re: Steering column removal

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:51 am
by Becks_Bronco
you loose it's ability to collapse, unless you design that in. you'll have to relocate the ignition i think as well.

Re: Steering column removal

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:21 pm
by VintageIronFab
He’s saying column not steering shaft. I did this in an early bronco and figuring out the turn signals was a nightmare. What I did that turned out slick was use the factory turn signal cut way down with a sporty knob. The multi function does a whole lot but you could look at the earlier models that used a dash wiper switch along with other things.