Hello All,
My stock F150 pump took a dive again and I'm wanting to go with a mustang intank vs. the F150- large part because of a single 38 gallon tank. Anywho- anyone on her possibly done this and aid in navigating the pitfalls?
Below is a pick of a new 89-93 mustang pump vs the F150...
Thx for any help!
Upgraded Mustang Pumps ??
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Upgraded Mustang Pumps ??
- Attachments
-
- IMG_9553.PNG (593.56 KiB) Viewed 767 times
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Upgraded Mustang Pumps ??
Thx man - that's not exactly what a F150 looks like but shows me exactly how to proceed!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
- CrazyBRONCOguy
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 and a 1978
Re: Upgraded Mustang Pumps ??
I think you have info you need, but I also have one of those pumps in my bronco tank. Been working just fine for over 3 years.
'92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, 9" Swap, Roller 357W, AFR 165's, MAF, SCT Tuned, 4.10's
'78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, 8 Point Cage, 4.10's
'78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, 8 Point Cage, 4.10's
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Upgraded Mustang Pumps ??
Crazy- did you do anything different then that other write up?
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
- CrazyBRONCOguy
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 and a 1978
Re: Upgraded Mustang Pumps ??
Mine being a 1992 had a different style connection for the electrical. I swapped this out to something else that more matches what the newer trucks have.
I also replaced the sending unit while I was there, but I have not stock gauges. I think a hydromat is a good thing to use for this application, I have one waiting to go into mine. The stock pump has its own "sump" built into the plastic that surrounds it, which you loose when you put mustang pump In it. The other thing I did different was replacing the stock style fuel filter with a canton high flow one, but I am also running #30 injectors, maybe not a big deal on more stock stuff.
I also replaced the sending unit while I was there, but I have not stock gauges. I think a hydromat is a good thing to use for this application, I have one waiting to go into mine. The stock pump has its own "sump" built into the plastic that surrounds it, which you loose when you put mustang pump In it. The other thing I did different was replacing the stock style fuel filter with a canton high flow one, but I am also running #30 injectors, maybe not a big deal on more stock stuff.
'92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, 9" Swap, Roller 357W, AFR 165's, MAF, SCT Tuned, 4.10's
'78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, 8 Point Cage, 4.10's
'78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, 8 Point Cage, 4.10's
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Upgraded Mustang Pumps ??
Holy smokes that stuff isn't cheap!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
-
Hillbilly Heaven
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 pm
- Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco 545 swap 6R80 D60 front and 10.5 rear. Use for expedition camping go fast when at home
Re: Upgraded Mustang Pumps ??
I have no idea how you will connect the hydramat to the Mustang style in tank pumps. I have not seen anyone offering a conversion fitting to adapt the 22mm pump inlet to the NPT outlet of the Hydramat.
There is hope for those of us wanting to use pump on a stick in tank pump and hydramat. Holley has brought out a Hydramat with an 11mm snap on outlet that will fit a variety of fuel pumps as long as it has an 11mm diameter offset inlet.
https://holley.com/products/fuel_system ... rts/16-111

There are pumps with 11mm inlet are available in two different pump body lengths 65mm and 81mm. I believe the Mustang style pumps the body is 81mm.
Here are two example pumps.
81mm body
http://aemelectronics.com/products/fuel ... fset-inlet
65mm body
http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=produc ... fset-inlet
There is hope for those of us wanting to use pump on a stick in tank pump and hydramat. Holley has brought out a Hydramat with an 11mm snap on outlet that will fit a variety of fuel pumps as long as it has an 11mm diameter offset inlet.
https://holley.com/products/fuel_system ... rts/16-111

There are pumps with 11mm inlet are available in two different pump body lengths 65mm and 81mm. I believe the Mustang style pumps the body is 81mm.
Here are two example pumps.
81mm body
http://aemelectronics.com/products/fuel ... fset-inlet
65mm body
http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=produc ... fset-inlet
