Page 1 of 1

Shock hoops

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 am
by hobbyturnedobsession
I kind of feel dumb for askin but I've never built shock hoops and was wondering how you all had figured out the shock geometry behind it? I've decided to go all out instead of running replacement stock shocks. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make my shock hoops? i have the tools to do it, just need to know the key elements. Thanks.

Re: Shock hoops

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 am
by philofab
hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I kind of feel dumb for askin but I've never built shock hoops and was wondering how you all had figured out the shock geometry behind it? I've decided to go all out instead of running replacement stock shocks. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make my shock hoops? i have the tools to do it, just need to know the key elements. Thanks.
There is no simple answer to that question! Are you referring to the front?

Re: Shock hoops

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:13 am
by Polarcub
as Philo said no simple answer, some points to keep in mind you want the shock to not bind in its travel, cycle everything multiple times before you finalize. I would be happy to meet up with you as I am just up the street in menifiee i fyou want to take a look at my set up.

Re: Shock hoops

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:18 am
by hobbyturnedobsession
that'd be awesome thank you. i dont know anyone around here esp with any kind of bronco let alone one built at all. i'll figure somethin out with you. i could use the help. thank you.

Re: Shock hoops

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:37 am
by Polarcub
No worries drop me a PM I just live back by canyon lake off of Goetz. I am usually home early afternoon most days.