uni ball conversions

User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

uni ball conversions

Post by Polarcub »

I know that its pretty common to convert the pivot bushings on the beam to uni balls but I was wondering if anyone has converted the ball joints to uni balls and what kind of success they had? I am not killing ball joints but if I move forward with a new set of beams in the future I am considering converting the ball joints to unis?
Jeremy
User avatar
convoy
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 pm
Location: San Clemente

Re: uni ball conversions

Post by convoy »

Scott is doing that very thing with his set of beams over at Camburg, both upper and lower. I would talk with him. I believe the top is doable but the lower BJ is a bit more challenging due axle shaft clearances. I would beleive it would be similar to their F-150 race spindles.
User avatar
convoy
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 pm
Location: San Clemente

Re: uni ball conversions

Post by convoy »

Didn't the Speed Unlimited "retro" bronco incorporate uniballs?? Check out Speed Unlimited
http://www.speedunl.com/motorsports/projects_mhf150.htm
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: uni ball conversions

Post by Polarcub »

I will check out speed unlimited closer I dont remember the retro having them but the MH 150 looks like it does under their projects. I will have to check closer. Will have to see if I can get a hold of scott when this is closer to starting. I am just debating if its worth the headache...it would be cool though...hmmm
Jeremy
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: uni ball conversions

Post by philofab »

Have bms make a set of these with uniball cups.

http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/produc ... tb_spindle

I don't think you would want to modify a factory CAST knuckle for a weld in cup.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: uni ball conversions

Post by Polarcub »

maybe if I win the lotto haha....yah the cast material was one thing I thought would be an issue as well.
Jeremy
Post Reply