Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by Travisfab »

Who would be interested in getting a set of 4.5" over bedsides?

They would be set up for the stock wheel base, and have a flat top.

I've got one guy ready to go with a donor truck, and I need 5 more people to put down a deposit to make this happen. Price will be $450 for the pair.

Let me know!!
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

Im interested, what is the WMS, tire wheel combo on the donor truck? I will give a deposit but need to be sure they will fit my truck.

My set up-

72" wms
17x9.5 4.5 bs
37x12.5
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by Travisfab »

cs_drums wrote:Im interested, what is the WMS, tire wheel combo on the donor truck? I will give a deposit but need to be sure they will fit my truck.

My set up-

72" wms
17x9.5 4.5 bs
37x12.5
We are doing them on a stock truck unfortunately.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

It would be nice if some one other than McNeil made glass wide enough for the rear to match the front on a +3.5-4.5" beams
JonnyR
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:44 am
Bronco Info: No Bronco yet, plan on buying one.

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by JonnyR »

Travis, I should be getting my floater from Camburg in a couple weeks. I can try and throw it in there real quick before I bring it down if it'll be easier to go off of? Brian, Cho and myself ordered the housings to be 70" wms.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

That should be around the ball park. This is mine with the standard 3" flair and 35x12.5 3.5 bs. I just need a bit more u king took.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413551108.370200.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413551108.370200.jpg (95.71 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413551093.620879.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413551093.620879.jpg (155.59 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

Johnny if you guys have a couple 37s I can through them on my rear and get s overall track width for them to work wodth.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

cs_drums wrote:It would be nice if some one other than McNeil made glass wide enough for the rear to match the front on a +3.5-4.5" beams
Didn't Mike McQueen just do that?
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

I believe his would be wide enough. My issue is his have a very specific raptor esque style to them. I don't think they would do well to mix and match with other manufacturer front fenders. His fronts were designed for 90 track width with 39s so it's a bit wide for my liking. I don't like my McNeils rears cause they are to flashy. I really clean basic look of the Fiberwerx 3" rears I had and when I talked to Travis a while back about it he said the larger ones would have the same look just wider.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5

Post by Travisfab »

cs_drums wrote:when I talked to Travis a while back about it he said the larger ones would have the same look just wider.

That is exactly the idea!
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by Travisfab »

Seems like I've been asked about these bedsides 20 times. Push comes to shove and crickets are chirping in here!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

welcome to making a mold. I figured you would have known that's the way it goes already. People are all over til it's time to put down a deposit to buy a set.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

Come on people I need these! You know you all want the wide rear tuckin!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413848224.394659.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413848224.394659.jpg (177.38 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
D1cker1
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by D1cker1 »

Wider broncos are in the 1% on here, or they already have glass.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

Well half the truck in here are running 4.5" beams with stock rears with no options for glass of the want to have the rear match the front.

I understand wanting down payments for a few sets before taking the time to make them.
Honestly though, the only glass available that fits a rear that's wider than stock is McNiel, which is gaudy and poor quality and McQueen, his stuff is top notch but will notation anything besides his front and the front is really big designed for 39s and 90" track width.

If you make it you will sell it.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

Not Match* (notation)
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by Travisfab »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:welcome to making a mold. I figured you would have known that's the way it goes already. People are all over til it's time to put down a deposit to buy a set.

I can definitely hear you on that. We don't usually even do it this way. We just build what we know is going to sell. I just want to make something happen for the Bronco community!
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

It will sell
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Travisfab wrote:I can definitely hear you on that. We don't usually even do it this way. We just build what we know is going to sell. I just want to make something happen for the Bronco community!
Looking back I WISH I woulda asked for a deposit before going into my last mold. It woulda saved the trouble of doing the thing as the handful of "for sure buyers" magically disappeared when the parts were done. Seems to be the way it goes a lot.

While I dig the idea of a bigger bedside for these things, and I do think they may be needed by some, I don't think they are going to be a "hot seller" like some of the ranger stuff, etc.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Who's Interested in 4.5" Bedsides?

Post by cs_drums »

Hey Travis, are Johnny and I the only ones in on this as of right now? So we need 4-5 more people?
Post Reply