Bronco in 1450?

CB95XLT
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 pm
Bronco Info: 95 xlt all stock (for now) rolls on 33in general red labels

Bronco in 1450?

Post by CB95XLT »

I was just wondering if anyone one here knows if a bronco can run 1450 or are they limited to class3? I'm looking to take my project to the next level and make it race ready if I decide I want to.
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

You could run it in 1450 class. If you build it to class 3 you will need to keep the rear leafs. 1450 would let you run links.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I think the issue is wheel base. Youd have to stretch it to hit the sweet spot.
CB95XLT
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 pm
Bronco Info: 95 xlt all stock (for now) rolls on 33in general red labels

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by CB95XLT »

Ugh....I definitely don't want to stretch it...but I'll have to read the M.O.R.E/Snore/HDRA rules and see what they say....if that plan doesn't work out I have my eye on single cab f-150
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I was thinking wheel base you know? Its short so whoops may slow you down.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by Travisfab »

You can run any truck in 1450 as long as it has a stock cab and some stock frame rail, as long as it meets the safety/cage requirements.

A Bronco in 1450 would be extremely out classed though. 1450 trucks are just insane now. 500HP, 4.0 shocks, etc.


If you are keeping leafs, another class to consider is class 2000.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by cs_drums »

I thought 2000 was limited to v6 or is that just mini trucks?
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by cs_drums »

We are thinking of running our class 7s in 2000 cause it's cheaper.
CB95XLT
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 pm
Bronco Info: 95 xlt all stock (for now) rolls on 33in general red labels

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by CB95XLT »

Well the plan would be linking it...a built to race specs...I picked up a new dd so I was planning on building it to if I wanted I could enter in a few races...
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Bronco in 1450?

Post by Travisfab »

cs_drums wrote:I thought 2000 was limited to v6 or is that just mini trucks?
Nope, full size trucks can run in the class with V8's
Post Reply