Page 1 of 2

Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:09 pm
by Mojo
I am currently installing Raptor rear FOX internal bypass shox on the rear of my 96 Bronco to a Southwest shock mount. Also does anyone know how many bypass zones they have?

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:55 pm
by damon1272
If I remember correctly I think it was three but I am not totally sure as the last time I had one open was a couple of years ago.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:09 am
by Mojo
Thanks Brandon, hopefully it is three.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:13 am
by cs_drums
This is a cool idea. Let us know how it works out.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:21 am
by Travisfab
Are the shocks serviceable? Seems like the valving would be a mile off.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:28 pm
by Mojo
Yes Travis they are serviceable as far as I can tell, but I was hoping to run them for 1 season before I open them up. We're talking about a family "fun-runner" for Ocotillo Wells so I'm not that critical.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:02 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
They are but ive heard they're expensive to mess with.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:03 pm
by damon1272
I do not think the valving will be too far off for a family runner. The shocks are fully serviceable.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:43 am
by cs_drums
Does shockseals offer a kit for these yet?

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:36 am
by Travisfab
damon1272 wrote:I do not think the valving will be too far off for a family runner. The shocks are fully serviceable.

Seems like they would be way too soft. I'm sure they are going to be better that a Pro Comp or something similar though.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:03 am
by Mojo
I haven't contacted Shockseals yet so I don't know about kits, which I'm not ready for anyway. I am going to Ocotillo the 24th & I still need to rebuild my front Fox 2.0 resi's that I have Shockseals sitting on the workbench. I did get 1 of the raptor 2.5's on last nite in the dark!!!

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 am
by Mojo
[/quote]
Seems like they would be way too soft. I'm sure they are going to be better that a Pro Comp or something similar though.[/quote]

Speaking of ProComps, that's what I had on the rear for the last year & was very pleased. But I did go from stock to F53's, the long Solo shackle kit & used procomps. I know these 2.5's will be another huge upgrade even if not valved perfect right now.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 am
by Travisfab
Mojo's96 wrote:
Seems like they would be way too soft. I'm sure they are going to be better that a Pro Comp or something similar though.[/quote]

Speaking of ProComps, that's what I had on the rear for the last year & was very pleased. But I did go from stock to F53's, the long Solo shackle kit & used procomps. I know these 2.5's will be another huge upgrade even if not valved perfect right now.[/quote]


I must drive my truck a lot differently then you. I destroyed a brand new set of Pro Comps in one weekend!

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:06 am
by Mojo
Yeah Travis you probably do. I always have my wife & my 4 & 6 year old kids with me & run around Ocotillo & Borrego for the most part. I think I run pretty hard considering, But then again I've got the A/C goin & the tunes crankin :)

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:19 pm
by Mojo
So after having to move the muffler forward about 4"s I got the other shock on this weekend. And guess what Travis, the rebound "valving is way too soft" :shock: The compression valving feels ok though. So now I 'm gonna pull them apart & re-valve the rebound.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:14 pm
by SteveG
Do these only bypass on compression? Does rebound flow strictly through the piston?

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 pm
by Mojo
I can't answer that, yet!!!

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:35 pm
by shockseals.com
SteveG wrote:Do these only bypass on compression? Does rebound flow strictly through the piston?
Top out and last bit of travel are piston only in both directions.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:24 pm
by Phoenix0783
There was a Bronco at the short course races in redmond that had Raptor shocks and the front pogo'd like a mofo. Back seemed decent.

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:41 pm
by Ford 4 US
Not to derail this topic... But I had the same idea of putting some Raptor take offs on my ride...
In the rear.. Going broke working my way back there........
Anyhow.. shockseals I am going to be close to Sandiamis in a few weeks can I drop off some Fox coilovers for u to go thru ???

Thx...