Page 1 of 1
Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:18 pm
by Texas_Baja
Installing a Solo Motorsports engine cage/coil over hoops. I had to unbolt the antilock brake controller next to the steering box. What are you guys doing with this, where is a good spot to relocate. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it, I would assume all you would need is a proportioning valve, new lines. Are there some error codes to clear if you remove it? Any kits or links for parts.
Thanks!
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:01 pm
by Silverslk
Too lazy to search for it right now but there is a thread about removing ABS.
Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:09 pm
by economig
Agreed with what Andy said...
If you google it, there's several detailed threads with close-up pictures for "Full Size Bronco ABS delete" i would post a saved link but i'm on my mobile (sorry). Shows all the wiring with labeling, etc.
I'm probably going to delete mine and do a dual bore CNC pedal assembly with 16" swing pedal (full size) but i'm pinching pennies til i can buy it all and set it up.
I hooped my engine cage over the ABS module so that it barely clears and i can leave it if i want or not. Thought SOLO's was the same? Can't remember off top of my head though
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm
by Silverslk
Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:10 am
by economig
Holy awesome link info batman! Ha ha that's the one!!!

Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 am
by Texas_Baja
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:07 am
by Deleted Account
I have found the the trashcan is an excellent place to keep my abs......
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 am
by cs_drums
I just removed all my abs stuff using the link posted above. It was a little over whelming on paper (I printed everything from the link out) but once i started taking stuff out it all made sence. Now if I can just finish the rest of the truck so I can drive it around and make sure it works!! HAHA
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:23 pm
by Texas_Baja
ABS Removed!! Wasn't so bad still need to install a proportioning valve. Any recommendations ? Don't need anything fancy just reliable. Thanks