What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
I have boxes of seals & shims for SAW 2.5 shocks, will they work on King prerunner 2.5 shocks? They are both based off of Kuster so I'm betting there is a chance.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
If they won't I would be interested in that box.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
SteveG or Kris should know for sure but I'm thinking they are slightly different as SAW bought/won whatever the rights to the design after Kuster was over & Brett took to re-designing a bit & came up with the Kings. Not sure how much he changed or had to change though.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
The shims are different. I don't know about the seals. They might be interchangeable.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
ID on the shims is different? Kinda bummed, I don't have any parts to work with these things. All I have are Bilstein, SAW, and Fox parts.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
Yup different I.D... lame.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
One of these shocks is blown, and both need a revalve bad. They were supposed to be off a Ranger which should have useable valving but they feel way light on rebound and compression and like all three bleeds are shut. I haven't opened them to see what is inside them yet.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
nothing is the same...other than the shaft diameter. The outer rod guide oring on a SAW will work in a 1 groove of a king prerunner top cap.
What era sway away? snap ring rod guide or screw in? If screw in some of the parts will work on a race king but not a prerunner.
King shims are .625
SAW 2.5 shims are .5625
What era sway away? snap ring rod guide or screw in? If screw in some of the parts will work on a race king but not a prerunner.
King shims are .625
SAW 2.5 shims are .5625
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
I'll just order up some seal kits from you Kris and flip these stupid things. I only put them on because I had them laying around. I don't feel like investing in shims and other parts for these when I don't really want them.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
-
BigTex
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm
- Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco. Solo ms front beam kit, deavers in the rear with a full floater rear end.
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
I believe the saw shims will fit a 3.0 king
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
This is correct.BigTex wrote:I believe the saw shims will fit a 3.0 king
Mike
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
3.0 saw will fit all king shocks as they are .625 tenonBigTex wrote:I believe the saw shims will fit a 3.0 king
2.5 saw will not fit any king shocks as they are .5625 tenon
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
- Deleted Account
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm
- Bronco Info: depends on what day
- Location: Ramona, California
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
and king 2.5 shims are not cheap.. like 3.50 for each shim last time i checked.
Mark Kiefer
Southwest Performance
858-449-2292
http://www.southwestperformance.net
Pics
http://www.photobucket.com/home/southwe ... /allalbums
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPerformance
Southwest Performance
858-449-2292
http://www.southwestperformance.net
Pics
http://www.photobucket.com/home/southwe ... /allalbums
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPerformance
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
I don't remember my 2.5 SAWS taking different shims then my 3.0 SAWS, I always ordered my shims for 3.0's and ran them in whatever, maybe I just ran 3.0 shims in my 2.5's and never noticed the sloppiness... wierd...
Mike
Mike
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: What parts are interchangeable between SAW 2.5 and King prer
Thats why I always tell King owners to buy a SAW 3.0 master shim kit. 10 of every thickness and diameter from 2.050 to 1.000 for a few hundred bucks.mkiefer wrote:and king 2.5 shims are not cheap.. like 3.50 for each shim last time i checked.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
