Building your own or Not...
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:29 pm
So i purchased a bronco for my track bike puller. After seeing lifted broncos i wanted to do SAS and crawl some rocks.
Aftter realising this would not be a much fun as playing in the desert i was turned onto Bronco Speed and GFB.
I've have a budget about 1300 for parts as i was going to install everything myself. Looking at the time consuming
process of doing all of this ive decide to have a shop install my products. I have not decided on a shop yet considering
if i have any problems i will be able to take it to them since they are into the game.
Goal- Truck that handles great without breaking the Bank
I was told Bilstein 5100 will work great in my stock setup, being on a budget i want a reservoir shock and keep stock components
Will I still have to modify to fit a fox shock.
Coil- Was told deaver 5.5, but also said it would be a little high camber/caster will be off.. (skyjacker,superlift,etc will give it true 4'" Lift)
Rear Springs- Deaver f53's.. I know its supjective but i was told they were not good as i should go with national or another brand.
I' would like to do this myself but this is a whole new bag of worms without a garage of my own and endless tools. I'd much rather have a shop do it correctly
What are going rate to have parts installed at a shop that i bring in?
Am i better off having everything ordered through the shop?
Aftter realising this would not be a much fun as playing in the desert i was turned onto Bronco Speed and GFB.
I've have a budget about 1300 for parts as i was going to install everything myself. Looking at the time consuming
process of doing all of this ive decide to have a shop install my products. I have not decided on a shop yet considering
if i have any problems i will be able to take it to them since they are into the game.
Goal- Truck that handles great without breaking the Bank
I was told Bilstein 5100 will work great in my stock setup, being on a budget i want a reservoir shock and keep stock components
Will I still have to modify to fit a fox shock.
Coil- Was told deaver 5.5, but also said it would be a little high camber/caster will be off.. (skyjacker,superlift,etc will give it true 4'" Lift)
Rear Springs- Deaver f53's.. I know its supjective but i was told they were not good as i should go with national or another brand.
I' would like to do this myself but this is a whole new bag of worms without a garage of my own and endless tools. I'd much rather have a shop do it correctly
What are going rate to have parts installed at a shop that i bring in?
Am i better off having everything ordered through the shop?