Page 1 of 2

Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:41 pm
by wolfchant
has anybody used the Giant long travel rear kit as well as the 4wd beam kit?

i'd like to hear about their performance so i can decide if it's worth the money, or whether or not i should just go with the budget stuff, ie. cut and turned beams, shackle flips and whatnot....



thanks, Tim

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 pm
by bajascott
there really is no "buget kit" giant does build some nice stuff, but you can get some good travel numbers using a nice set of f53 deavers and an under the bed shock mount kit, and then go with cut and turns and nice coilspring/shock package.(kind of what i am running) and what most are running. check out southwest performance for "kit" pricing. im sure that Tony will vouch for his work very clean.
there are other members on this board that do stuff aS well myself included.
but call Mark at S.W.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:41 pm
by wolfchant
well, international calls don't really seem to get along with my phone bill, does he have a website?

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:00 pm
by Nick
wolfchant wrote: does he have a website?
No, because he sucks at the internet.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:18 pm
by bajascott

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:47 pm
by damon1272
Nick wrote:
wolfchant wrote: does he have a website?
No, because he sucks at the internet.
Ouch!

Mark does good work. There is also Baja North if you must get something Canadian built.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:35 am
by Deleted Account
Nick wrote:
wolfchant wrote: does he have a website?
No, because he sucks at the internet.
lol ouchhhh.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:49 am
by hobbyturnedobsession
Oh and hes hard to get a hold of! But all of his work is totally worth it. Bolt it up and drive it like you stole it. Speaking of which, hey Mark when can I get those spacers from you?
EDIT: Also, when you buy from him, you can ask him questions and he will do pretty much anything to make sure you understand.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:49 pm
by wolfchant
yeah i'll see if i can't get in touch with him through the forum here soonish and try to figure out a pretty decent go fast/street setup

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:50 pm
by ryan B
giant 64 kit. I've been running it for years. You have to spend the money on good shocks to make anything work good, but once you do that, and tune for a while it is amazing. If you do get the 64 kit Send my a pm, and I will shoot you some pictures of what needs to be gusseted to avoid cracks after a few thousand miles.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:58 am
by ChaseTruck754
Just post the pics here to help everyone out - not just those who PM

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:04 am
by tcm glx
bajascott wrote:there really is no "buget kit" giant does build some nice stuff, but you can get some good travel numbers using a nice set of f53 deavers and an under the bed shock mount kit, and then go with cut and turns and nice coilspring/shock package.(kind of what i am running) and what most are running. check out southwest performance for "kit" pricing. im sure that Tony will vouch for his work very clean.
there are other members on this board that do stuff aS well myself included.
but call Mark at S.W.
I just read this post , and I can vouch for Mark, 3 Bronco's built from him, and one which saved my brother's life, not a single weld busted! He is a little hard to get a hold if, and I guess sucks at internet, but I dont want him to build me a website, I want him to build me a Bronco.

And Randy is correct, he will spend endless time helping/explaining things to you.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:12 pm
by ryan B
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Just post the pics here to help everyone out - not just those who PM

I just didn't want it to come across as me bashing giant. I love the kit. I'll scrounge up pictures...

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:22 pm
by cs_drums
How about those pics?

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:18 am
by AussieRod
ryan B wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Just post the pics here to help everyone out - not just those who PM

I just didn't want it to come across as me bashing giant. I love the kit. I'll scrounge up pictures...
No such thing as bashing. :D :D Constuctive criticism is what its called :D :D If there is something you dont like about someone's kit, tell them in constructive terms. That way those in question will be more likely to take note. Same goes for the good, by all means post up if like the kit in question either way, but be nice about it. :D It means more to those who make the stuff if you go about your comments in a good way, keeping it short and sweet and dont make it a novel. :D :D I always tell my few customers, if you are happy, tell your friends, if not, tell me first, so I can have the opportunity to make it right for you.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:49 am
by kylesgorter
id like to see pics as well

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 am
by Frontrunner54
The nice part of the Giant Radius arms, over SWP... is that you have caster adjustment with the heims. Which definitely comes in handy when your adjusting your ride height, swapping coils, etc...

Those SWP setups are hella clean though... I think they look the best anyways.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 am
by Seabass
Say what??? Giants radius arms are adjustable?

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:55 am
by Copykat
damon1272 wrote:There is also Baja North if you must get something Canadian built.
I'll second that. Great bunch of guys, and they are a stones throw from you.

Re: Giant Long travel rear and 4wd front beams

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:33 am
by philofab
Seabass wrote:Say what??? Giants radius arms are adjustable?
Frontrunner54 wrote:The nice part of the Giant Radius arms, over SWP... is that you have caster adjustment with the heims. Which definitely comes in handy when your adjusting your ride height, swapping coils, etc...

Those SWP setups are hella clean though... I think they look the best anyways.
I have Giant radius arms and I'm familiar with what he builds. How does the hiem adjust caster? I know that mine only allow a little wheelbase adjustment.