Page 1 of 1
SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:34 pm
by DANNYV
Ok i have a 4in rancho kit on my bronco and want to how to make it better. What would be the best shock set up for my setup . Should i run a shock hoop or keep the stock coilbuckets? How much wheel travle is possible?I know cut and turn is the better way but i allready have drop brackets.I am running stock coil buckets withprocomp shocks .I do mostly desert running barstow ,johnson valley and so on. Thank you for any help.
Re: SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 pm
by Nick
If your budget is tight, and you want to progress slowly, start with shocks. Get some Bilstein 5100's, and go play. The Rancho kit is a nice product for mild bashing.
Re: SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
Thats what I would do! I have rancho drop brackets and I'm going coilovered. They work good, at least I've never had any problems.
Re: SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 pm
by SteveG
Add the correct length Bilsteins
Mount bump stops and limit straps accordingly to keep from destroying the shocks
reinforce radius arms in problem areas
For the rear I would add Bilsteins then upgrade the leaves and install limit straps.
Re: SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:09 pm
by DANNYV
I plan to fully plate the radius arms. so you guys are saying to keep the coil buckets and just run the bilstein 5100? If i do that how much would that do to the ride?
Re: SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 pm
by Nick
DANNYV wrote:I plan to fully plate the radius arms. so you guys are saying to keep the coil buckets and just run the bilstean 5100? If i do that how much would that do to the ride?
It will make a noticeable difference. Like it was pointed out, make sure you set your bumps properly, and install limit straps.
Re: SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:13 pm
by DANNYV
I was going to go with bilstein 7100 with a older broncos coil bucket and f250 shock tower or make a hoop . I can get a set of bilstein7100s for $180 14in of travle.
Re: SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:15 pm
by KBL
Rancho's TTB drop brackets are actually well-engineered and well-made, so there's no need to cut & turn.
Re: SUSPENSION HELP
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 am
by Dezertbronco
I have this exact kit, with 5100 Bilstiens,and straps. I will be adding Bilstien bumps as soon as I can get the funds to do so.
This kit is way better than I ever imagined, Plate the arms and drive it like you have to drive it to work on monday and you will be fine...