Radius Arm Info
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:45 pm
Disclaimer: Long time A-Arm guy, getting ready to start my first Bronco build (should be picking it up this week!). I searched all over on here and didn't find what I am looking for. Sorry if this is a rookie question, just don't have much experience with beams.
Ok so I am trying to get some info on building a set of radius arms for the new ride. Beams is a whole different topic, trying to stay away from that for now (found lots of info on those). I understand the basic concept of longer radius arms, added length decreases the amount of caster change as the suspension moves through it's travel, please correct me if I am wrong. Them longer beams decreases camber change... My question is, when doing longer radius arms in conjunction with say a 4" lift, do you need to incorporate a change in caster built into the radius arms to match the lift, in turn giving you the desired caster after the 4" lift? I know this is done with the beams with the C/T, but I have not seen any talk about changing radius arms. That said I don't have the Bronco in hand yet to do a little R&D. Is the caster built into the beam, or simply provided with the radius arms?
Thanks for any and all help. New to the forum and TTB so please don't chew me up to bad, haha.
Chris
Ok so I am trying to get some info on building a set of radius arms for the new ride. Beams is a whole different topic, trying to stay away from that for now (found lots of info on those). I understand the basic concept of longer radius arms, added length decreases the amount of caster change as the suspension moves through it's travel, please correct me if I am wrong. Them longer beams decreases camber change... My question is, when doing longer radius arms in conjunction with say a 4" lift, do you need to incorporate a change in caster built into the radius arms to match the lift, in turn giving you the desired caster after the 4" lift? I know this is done with the beams with the C/T, but I have not seen any talk about changing radius arms. That said I don't have the Bronco in hand yet to do a little R&D. Is the caster built into the beam, or simply provided with the radius arms?
Thanks for any and all help. New to the forum and TTB so please don't chew me up to bad, haha.
Chris