TTB coil-over spring rates/lengths
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Spring Rate and i.d.
Since you've got 3.0's, run a 22" 350# spring with a tender........
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
Re: Spring Rate and i.d.
Thanks Brian! oh yeah is the coil i.d im looking for a 3.63" ID Coil ?? And is their a recommended valving to start with? The truck will see mild prerunning, family fun and recovery duties. the rear will be set up with a spring pack and a 3.0 bypass.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Spring Rate and i.d.
Edit that, 24" spring. Not sure what ID the Fox's are.
Valving? You want the funky Fox or King strait stack?
Your probably going to be at .015/.010 with 2 or 3 bleed holes open to start with.
Valving? You want the funky Fox or King strait stack?
Your probably going to be at .015/.010 with 2 or 3 bleed holes open to start with.
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Dual rate coilover spring rates
Okay I know this has been discussed briefly here and there, but what would you recomend for coils on a 12" Dual rate that is going on a +4 per side beams for a bronco. The Bronco is a do all rig but spends most of its time in the desert I appreciate your thoughts.
Jeremy
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Thanks T...Talked to Joel today I should have the hardware next week! The goal is to have the bronco back up and running by the April Trip and dialed by the Baja trip!tcm glx wrote:Nice!!!
Jeremy
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Spill the beans.. what all are you doing?
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Okay....The front is getting completely redone...New Beams trussed, uniball +4, new radius arms +trans crossmember and bumps....The rear is getting a 9" and bumps with the rear shocks moving to get some compression back still running into the bed. Speaking of which what length are your bumps in the rear T?tcm glx wrote:Spill the beans.. what all are you doing?
Jeremy
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Tell Joel you ned a set of "Bilstein ShortStops"
2" stroke, but instead of a regular bump with a spacer, he cuts the shaft and can down by the same 2"to make for a much shorter air bump... fits underneath like a charm.
Looking forward to your setp!! Is Black Market doing the work?
2" stroke, but instead of a regular bump with a spacer, he cuts the shaft and can down by the same 2"to make for a much shorter air bump... fits underneath like a charm.
Looking forward to your setp!! Is Black Market doing the work?
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
BlackMarket is dead...LOL DeserConcepts INC is doing all the work with a bit of my elbow grease thrown in as well. Bryan and I have been talking about this for awhile....also going to 37"s most likely....I am super stoked I do need to get these parts sold though sooner than later.tcm glx wrote:Tell Joel you ned a set of "Bilstein ShortStops"
2" stroke, but instead of a regular bump with a spacer, he cuts the shaft and can down by the same 2"to make for a much shorter air bump... fits underneath like a charm.
Looking forward to your setp!! Is Black Market doing the work?
Jeremy
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Polarcub wrote:BlackMarket is dead...LOL DeserConcepts INC is doing all the work with a bit of my elbow grease thrown in as well. Bryan and I have been talking about this for awhile....also going to 37"s most likely....I am super stoked I do need to get these parts sold though sooner than later.tcm glx wrote:Tell Joel you ned a set of "Bilstein ShortStops"
2" stroke, but instead of a regular bump with a spacer, he cuts the shaft and can down by the same 2"to make for a much shorter air bump... fits underneath like a charm.
Looking forward to your setp!! Is Black Market doing the work?
Hahaha, same difference!! Desert Concepts!! Right on Jer, I am sure you will be super pleased. Did you go 12" or 14" in the front?
- funinthesun95
- Posts: 1701
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Jeremy
I have ran 3 different set ups….how do you like the ride of your rig? soft? stiff?
400 top 550 bottom 50/ 50 this was on a 14, with 14 inch top and bottom
450 top 500 bottom 40/60 this was on a 14, with 12 top 16 inch bottom
400 top 500 bottom 40/60 this was on a 12, with 10 inch top spring 14 inch bottom
I have ran 3 different set ups….how do you like the ride of your rig? soft? stiff?
400 top 550 bottom 50/ 50 this was on a 14, with 14 inch top and bottom
450 top 500 bottom 40/60 this was on a 14, with 12 top 16 inch bottom
400 top 500 bottom 40/60 this was on a 12, with 10 inch top spring 14 inch bottom
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
I prefer a bit firmer than some not race rig rough but firm I dont like the caddy feel if that makes sense...I was thinking of 450/500 I definately would like the small stuff (speed bumps) to go unnoticed but this is new territory for mefuninthesun95 wrote:Jeremy
I have ran 3 different set ups….how do you like the ride of your rig? soft? stiff?
400 top 550 bottom 50/ 50 this was on a 14, with 14 inch top and bottom
450 top 500 bottom 40/60 this was on a 14, with 12 top 16 inch bottom
400 top 500 bottom 40/60 this was on a 12, with 10 inch top spring 14 inch bottom
Jeremy
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Jer,
On my ride I spoke with two different guys that built Bronco prerunners and they all said 450 over 500. Plus I've heard the same here from a lot of guys that are running those spring rates. Can't tell you much about the ride as my rig is down with motor issues. I hope that helps.
Chris
On my ride I spoke with two different guys that built Bronco prerunners and they all said 450 over 500. Plus I've heard the same here from a lot of guys that are running those spring rates. Can't tell you much about the ride as my rig is down with motor issues. I hope that helps.
Chris
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
It does chris I just wanted to get some opinions to weigh my own against. Hopefully it will help another as well!
Jeremy
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Jer,
I don't know if coil lenghts will make a difference but I have those numbers if you need them. But I'm running Kings and it sounds like you're running Bilsteins, again not sure if it matters, just mentioning it.
Chris
I don't know if coil lenghts will make a difference but I have those numbers if you need them. But I'm running Kings and it sounds like you're running Bilsteins, again not sure if it matters, just mentioning it.
Chris
- funinthesun95
- Posts: 1701
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
BajaBronco13 wrote:Jer,
On my ride I spoke with two different guys that built Bronco prerunners and they all said 450 over 500. Plus I've heard the same here from a lot of guys that are running those spring rates. Can't tell you much about the ride as my rig is down with motor issues. I hope that helps.
Chris
450 over 500 is what was on the crew cab centurion ttb to start with it was a firm ride on the heavy truck....would work well.....are you going to do 40/ 60 or 50/50 I don’t even know if it makes a difference.
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
Not sure on that yet probably 50/50...not sure if it really matters
Jeremy
- Deleted Account
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm
- Bronco Info: depends on what day
- Location: Ramona, California
Re: Dual rate coilover spring rates
really depends alot of the mounting position or the shocks too.
Mark Kiefer
Southwest Performance
858-449-2292
http://www.southwestperformance.net
Pics
http://www.photobucket.com/home/southwe ... /allalbums
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPerformance
Southwest Performance
858-449-2292
http://www.southwestperformance.net
Pics
http://www.photobucket.com/home/southwe ... /allalbums
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPerformance
