Frontrunner54 wrote:Jeepspeed fatcity?
Are you putting beams on a jeep?
Yes, and yes...
Frontrunner54 wrote:Beam angle shouldnt necessarily be your goal... How high do you want your front end? How much bump/droop travel are you aiming for? Keep your pivots as close to the frame as possible, with all clearances in mind. The pumpkin will probably be your main bump factor. Figure your ride height, and set those wheels up as close to zero as possible.
Beams on a jeep... I've seen a set of 2wds. Not 4wds though, that would be rad.
We're building a mock frame/mounts off the floor so we can cycle and position the beams. I guess that will be the true tell of whats foing to work better for this set up.
If we set it near the 7/8" to correct the camber it keeps the mount higher/stronger and technically more ideal.
philofab wrote:Don't waste time on C+T for your Jeep. Just put the pivot where you want it for ride height. Cut and turn will reduce your droop and increase your bump from stock.
If we set it up with zero camber based off the factory geometry, the mount is going to be pretty low and a bit silly...
This is how it sits with about a 1/2" to correct camber. This would be acceptable, but I wouldnt mind if the mount was a bit higher.
Keep in mind, I still havent cycle anything. Just staring at it at this point and wondering whats most ideal...
