Bronco Brake upgrade options

User avatar
birdco85
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:35 am
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Bronco Brake upgrade options

Post by birdco85 »

No they have almost a 6-3/4" ID inside the hat. But I also have new axles that I ordered to what I thought was the ID of the CJ rotors, but they're still a tad small so that's why I sourced the Kia rotors.
User avatar
birdco85
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:35 am
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Bronco Brake upgrade options

Post by birdco85 »

PaulW wrote:
birdco85 wrote:And thank you for the pictures. Do you have your calipers mounted pretty low? It seems they're about at the 4 o'clock position.
= = =
Mount the caliper so the cable has a straight shot to the cable/caliper attach and passes under the housing. Different housings dictate the clocking of the caliper. Mine is low because of the huge full floater Tubeworks housing. My spring constantly catches twigs, but has never been harmed.
I've been debating swapping sides on the calipers, yes I know the bleeder would be below so I would need to rotate the calipers forward to bleed properly. That way the cable would run over the top of the axle tube and not be in harms way.
Post Reply