Taurus fans
- poolman
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco,Body off reconstruction. Auto Fab suspension,mix of 84-96 parts.
- Location: Yuma, Az 85365
- Contact:
Taurus fans
Anybody used this set up? pm
84 Bronco 351W,C-6,9 Inch,Work in process
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Taurus fans
Read a bunch about it & people like them. I've got a fan from the 3.8L supercoupe T-bird I have been meaning to use on something - it pulls air like crazy!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Re: Taurus fans
I have used them, and switched back to stock. The gains that you get are not worth giving up the reliability.
- poolman
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco,Body off reconstruction. Auto Fab suspension,mix of 84-96 parts.
- Location: Yuma, Az 85365
- Contact:
Re: Taurus fans
Stock as in mechanical?
84 Bronco 351W,C-6,9 Inch,Work in process
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
- slawson2000
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm
- Bronco Info: '87/96... a 20+ year work in progress
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: Taurus fans
FWIW, I am running electric fans (Flex-a-lite). Did not notice too much in perfromance, but it does keep my truck cool. The best gain I had was with the AC going at slow speeds. Much better....
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Taurus fans
I've always been a fan of the Ford Taurus.
In alll seriousness though, I've read alot about them on Pirate4x4. People seem to like tham as they can be had for cheap and seem to pull alot of air. I stayed with a mechanical fan on my desert bronco, but run an electric (spal) on my trail truck.
In alll seriousness though, I've read alot about them on Pirate4x4. People seem to like tham as they can be had for cheap and seem to pull alot of air. I stayed with a mechanical fan on my desert bronco, but run an electric (spal) on my trail truck.
-
kylesgorter
- Posts: 217
- Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 am
- Bronco Info: 92 Fullsize EB. 357w, midtravel front, custome rear packs, bilstein shocks, fox air bumps
Re: Taurus fans
I have considered mounting a Taurus fan and running it as a pusher but with trans coolers an oil cooler, and steering cooler in front there isn't much room for a simple mount so its fallen by the wayside for a long time
