does any one have fiberwerx products on there bronco?

frank!
Bronco Info: 1989 stock bronco

does any one have fiberwerx products on there bronco?

Post by frank! »

does anyone have fiberwerx fenders on there bronco if so can i see some picks and how did you like them?how hard where they to install?please pot some pis if possible (here is the link to there web site http://www.fiberwerx.com/html/product-ford.html )
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Re: does any one have fiberwerx products on there bronco?

Post by BDKW1 »

Mounting is a chore with those, they do not fit well.
Yuccin
Bronco Info: 80s f150

Post by Yuccin »

I had the 08 1 piece took me many hours of cutting and trimming just to fit the craftsmanship is less then others! sold there product!!!! i now have perry fab n fiber custom glass 1 piece and bedsides better qualitu and lil cheaper in costs cant release pics of truck just yet but soon hehe
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

Perry's and the Fiberworks stuff are made in the same building............
Yuccin
Bronco Info: 80s f150

Post by Yuccin »

Really? I know that perry and jason are related but same manufactor? Jason didnt care for what i explained perrys glass was to my specs and thicker then fiberwerx also didnt have to flex and cut to fit lol .. But new info always appreciated.
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

No matter how much shit is talked, the family tree don't branch...........
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Not only the same building, but i'm told from the same molds.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

That is why I bit the bullet and bought John's glass
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

John's glass is top notch. Glass works is also very good. Hanneman is so-so, trailer products is good race glass.......
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I guess I can chime in too since I've dealt with them all, both as far as what we do and then also how they all are as far as from a fiberglass industry view as well. In general off road glass is pure SH!T when compared to many other fiberglass products out there. The molds are crap, materials semi crap and the form & fit are then crap (because of the other 2 mentioned above) when compared to other fiberglass parts.

There is a reason I had a guy who doesn't do off road stuff make my most recent mold and then the parts I get out of it. Quality is night and day compared to 99.9% of the off road stuff out there.

That being said, when I don't own the mold for the stuff I use I'll go with Autofab. It costs a bit more, but there is reason behind that. Much of the reason the other stuff isn't as good is that they are rushing and trying to keep costs way down.

My breakdown of glass is as follows:

Custom Tube Works (or whatever those hacks in the Oceanside/Escondido area are calling themselves now) = molds made off of other people's ill fitting parts which = even worse fitting parts in the end. The stuff is cheap but crap.

Fiberwerx & Chad McNeil - poor quality molds = poor fitting parts. Some of there stuff can be close to fitting right and others is WAY off.

Perry McNeil - stuff can be pretty decent without major fitment issues. Seems to be more "hit" than "miss" unlike Fiberwerx

Hanemann - use quality materials & good molds. Parts are laid up thick which often makes the fewer fitment issues more work.

Glassworks - Good looking designs typically but fitment can be a bit off. Not quite as bad as any McNeil stuff from what I've seen.

Boatec & Trailer products - Race glass meant for short course trucks that break every piece of fiberglass at turn 1 and replace it every race. Ill fitting and cheap materials (whatever is on sale that week) used.

Autofab - Typically the best I've seen in off road glass as the fitment is usually really good. I've had a few things that weren't dead on, but the age of the mold, how many parts have been pulled out of it and whether it's been left in the sun, etc. can all cause shifts like this. Still the stuff I've seen from John that was "off" was better than the best of many others!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Agree with the above. But personally I've only used/own Hannamann and Autofab and Autofab was a way better fit and makes good quality glass. You'll definitely pay more but this is one of those times were you truly get what you paid for.

Chris
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I guess I can chime in too since I've dealt with them all, both as far as what we do and then also how they all are as far as from a fiberglass industry view as well. In general off road glass is pure SH!T when compared to many other fiberglass products out there. The molds are crap, materials semi crap and the form & fit are then crap (because of the other 2 mentioned above) when compared to other fiberglass parts.

There is a reason I had a guy who doesn't do off road stuff make my most recent mold and then the parts I get out of it. Quality is night and day compared to 99.9% of the off road stuff out there.

That being said, when I don't own the mold for the stuff I use I'll go with Autofab. It costs a bit more, but there is reason behind that. Much of the reason the other stuff isn't as good is that they are rushing and trying to keep costs way down.

My breakdown of glass is as follows:

Custom Tube Works (or whatever those hacks in the Oceanside/Escondido area are calling themselves now) = molds made off of other people's ill fitting parts which = even worse fitting parts in the end. The stuff is cheap but crap.

Fiberwerx & Chad McNeil - poor quality molds = poor fitting parts. Some of there stuff can be close to fitting right and others is WAY off.

Perry McNeil - stuff can be pretty decent without major fitment issues. Seems to be more "hit" than "miss" unlike Fiberwerx

Hanemann - use quality materials & good molds. Parts are laid up thick which often makes the fewer fitment issues more work.

Glassworks - Good looking designs typically but fitment can be a bit off. Not quite as bad as any McNeil stuff from what I've seen.

Boatec & Trailer products - Race glass meant for short course trucks that break every piece of fiberglass at turn 1 and replace it every race. Ill fitting and cheap materials (whatever is on sale that week) used.

Autofab - Typically the best I've seen in off road glass as the fitment is usually really good. I've had a few things that weren't dead on, but the age of the mold, how many parts have been pulled out of it and whether it's been left in the sun, etc. can all cause shifts like this. Still the stuff I've seen from John that was "off" was better than the best of many others!

I have only dealt with Trailer Products and Autofab.

I agree with most comments here, AUTOFAB is the way to go, my front fenders literally required ZERO work to get to fit right....excellent quality!
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

i have a mcniel one piece front clip, surpizingly the mini fenders fell into place with not a lot of work and the rest of the clip looks good, my auto fab fenders and hood looked better on my bronco tho. the only thing i dont like about auto fab glass(in my experiance)is the fact that every piece i have installed in all my years have had excess resin on the edges and chip. but that said thats the only downfall to theirs. the rest is less than good IMO
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It's excess gel coat typically, not resin from what I've seen Scott, but still it's minimal compared to other BS I've seen out of fiberglass parts...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

ok thats what i meant... :)
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
kahuna bill
Bronco Info: auto fab lift, 90 body on 91 frame, e40d, performer heads,jba headers, K&N intake

Post by kahuna bill »

i've got fiberwerx fenders and a mcniel/perry hood.
i won't be buying from fiberwerx anytime soon. bubbles in the gel coat and a really f'd up mold. look at the circled part of the passenger fender in the picture and u'll see that a good chunk of the forward portion is missing. took me a while to get them on too. it looks really crappy... and that's something coming from me. (considering i don't care much for looks) glass is also thin.
i've got to concure with everyone else on this page... autofab is the way to go, unless ur planing on smashing the crap out of ur rig.

as far as perry goes i'm content with the hood. there are areas that are really thin however.
P4260535-edited-resized.jpg
P4260535-edited-resized.jpg (115.64 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
yogib

Post by yogib »

I have a Fiberwerx Hood also and there rear quarters.I also had gel coat voids in the quarter panels, and the hood inner shell was delaminating from the outer shell. The front Fenders.Well JUNK. I turned around and sold them for 50 bucks they were so bad. I also had to add acouple layers of glass and resin on the bottom side of the hood scoop to make it stronger.Mine had a dip in it and would have looked crappy if I hadnt fixed it.Not to mention the glass is thin there.