Camburg Radius Arms w/ oem shock mount

User avatar
M666y
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:58 am
Bronco Info: 1994 302, E4OD, Solo Beams, Procomp 4" coils, Bilstein 5100s, J40s, Camburg arms & shackles
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Camburg Radius Arms w/ oem shock mount

Post by M666y »

Wrapping up my build and the last step is installing the Camburg radius arms. I've searched for days at this and the "other" site and can't seem to find an answer. I know a bunch of you have the arms so I thought I'd ask here first before pestering Camburg.

I'm not sure how to get the stock front shock mount to fit over the new thicker Camburg radius arms.

The stock radius arms have an OD of approximately 6 1/4" where they mount to the beams.
P7150001 (Small).JPG
P7150001 (Small).JPG (67.19 KiB) Viewed 917 times
The stock front shock mount has an ID of approximately 6 5/8"
P7150005 (Small).JPG
P7150005 (Small).JPG (71.9 KiB) Viewed 917 times
The Camburg radius arms have an OD of approximately 7"
P7150003 (Small).JPG
P7150003 (Small).JPG (60.08 KiB) Viewed 917 times
I've seen pictures of the stock shock mount being used with the Camburg arms. Before I start bending or hacking I thought I'd ask how you guys did it. One thing I've learned from this build is to check GFB before I plug in the Sawzall. Thanks!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Camburg Radius Arms w/ oem shock mount

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I'm in the same situation but my fab guy is just building lower shock mounts off the front of the beams instead of using the OEM shock bracket.

Chris
User avatar
Phoenix0783
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:50 pm
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(
Location: Bend, OR
Contact:

Re: Camburg Radius Arms w/ oem shock mount

Post by Phoenix0783 »

I would recommend against using the factory front shock mount if you can avoid it. I tore one of mine in half.
My car is a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Camburg Radius Arms w/ oem shock mount

Post by SteveG »

You're better off building new mounts. The stock piece will not hold up well to off-roading. You can also build it a little lower so you can use a longer shock.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
M666y
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:58 am
Bronco Info: 1994 302, E4OD, Solo Beams, Procomp 4" coils, Bilstein 5100s, J40s, Camburg arms & shackles
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Camburg Radius Arms w/ oem shock mount

Post by M666y »

Sounds good. I was leaning towards new mounts, but just wanted to hear how others were doing it. It in the time it would take me to modify the stock piece I could just weld on some tabs and be done with it.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Camburg Radius Arms w/ oem shock mount

Post by SteveG »

You can also weld them on at an angle so they rotate the lower shock bushing/uniball instead of twisting it.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Post Reply