BFG Projects

93Bronquito
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 351w 35's full glass and some goodies

BFG Projects

Post by 93Bronquito »

Thinking about putting Projects on my DD bronco and just wanted to know what any one els thinks of them. I know they are good for what they were made for ( the dirt ) but what about the street. I only put about 12000 to 15000 on the bronco a year max so just let me know what you all think...THANKS ;)
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: BFG Projects

Post by philofab »

93Bronquito wrote:Thinking about putting Projects on my DD bronco and just wanted to know what any one els thinks of them. I know they are good for what they were made for ( the dirt ) but what about the street. I only put about 12000 to 15000 on the bronco a year max so just let me know what you all think...THANKS ;)
They suck in the rain and hold flat spots for about 10 minutes when cold. Lots of other better choices for a truck used on the street.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I don't mind them so much "flat spot wise", but they do get slippery in the rain and they are a STIFF tire.

Chris P (BajaBronco13) had some on his '86 for a bit and took them back off in favor of BFG AT's. Maybe he will chime in as to why, but from what I remember him telling me it was the stiffness discussed above.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I have a set that I ran for one week before my baja run and decided against running those all the way down to Baja and back. Rode like crap on the road and super loud. They truly are for desert trucks only in IMHO. Find yourself a good set of BFG 35" All Terrains and call it done. Great all around tire with good on and off road manners.

Chris
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

BajaBronco13 wrote:I have a set that I ran for one week before my baja run and decided against running those all the way down to Baja and back. Rode like crap on the road and super loud. They truly are for desert trucks only in IMHO. Find yourself a good set of BFG 35" All Terrains and call it done. Great all around tire with good on and off road manners.

Chris

x2!! I am a happy camper on my all terrains. After evaluating the distance from my house to barstow, and my house to Baja, I realized plenty of highway miles that i will appreciate being on all terrains.
93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

Im running all terrains now and allways have but i got a grate deal lined out for the projects, having trouble making up my mind. just have to see what the guy lets them go for
93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

Got to see Philo's rig out in parker this weekend, she was running around topless :shock:
good looken Bronco!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

If you can get a great deal, then run em, but don't sell your all terrains until you put a couple hundred miles, and then decide.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I still have my tires and maybe I'll run them if I tow my rig to the desert but like I said before they are horrible for the road. Not worth running them on a daily driver. Even my four door build that will be mostly a dirt toy is getting All Terrains. Projects are cool but I'd rather ride in comfort with All Terrains. Just my $.02.

93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

That sounds like a good idea, Got one i have to replace thats why im kina looking around at new ones in th first place. might be looking for one or two 35 r15 if you know any one that has some
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've got some. Actually I've got 15-20 or maybe more. Plus a bunch of Bajas in that size. As of right now only 1-2 projects are for sale, but if I can find 4+ 315/75r16 projects or Bajas the remainder will go up for sale.
93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

So I went ahead and got those projects from my friends shop but he only had 3 that were the size i needed so i am looking for one more 35 12.50 r15 need asap going to lose another tire on the bronco any day now, LET ME KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS SOME FOR SALE. THANKS
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

you're not looking hard enough... i told you where to find'em.
http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trad ... nd&id=3419
you need to double check if those Baja's hold air. Stewart found them in the trash can remember...
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Andy Jones wrote:you need to double check if those Baja's hold air. Stewart found them in the trash can remember...
On that note - I think 1/2 the bajas and projects I have ever seen have slow leaks. It seems really common with these tires.
93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

No they look real good, two of them are almost new. just one looks like it might not work out. But you cant beat the price ....FREEEEEEE!
93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

So we putt the projects on the bronco and like i thought only two worked out. Now Im looking for two more but they have to bo in good shape, like 80 to 90% left on them.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Sell the two you have and buy all terrains, lol. Sorry man I just know they aren't very good street tires. Good luck on the hunt for a couple of more. You'll definitely find them but they can get pricey.
93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

Im going to get two more and run them for a wile, you know do a good test. If I dont like them then I have a hole set to sell. Ill give a full run down on what I do think of them after a wile ;)
93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

So far so good, I know Im only running two but they are in the front and I drive just over 50 miles a day. I got to say they arnt thet bad. You can feel the flat spots for the first few miles but that goes away. They arnt as loud as my claped out bfg's I took off, but cant hear much over the motor anyway.
93Bronquito

Post by 93Bronquito »

Kinda lost my job.... looking to trade the two projects i got for some all-terrains cuz I just dont have the money to get two more. would take two like new or four in good shape. My projects are around 85to90% left on them. 35 12.50 r15