Page 1 of 1

2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:00 pm
by 24hours
Hello, my friend and I chased the 2013 NORRA race for an article in Dirt Sports. We had the pleasure of meeting the gentlemen who owned the yellow official chase Bronco. I was taking pictures of his rear cargo set up which was built by Coates Motorsports and he got out and started talking to us. He also handed over a bottle of Don Julio, which I should hate him for since it started my love affair with what I consider a great tequila.

I recently lost just about every pic I’ve taken prior to the last two years. Now that I’m starting to build my storage system I’d really like to reference his. I’ve searched this forum with no luck. I’ve contacted Brian C to see if he’d be into replicating it and last we talked, he “seemed” apprehensive to even quote a cost due to the amount of labor involved.

So that leaves me to asking the forum for help. If anyone has pics of it or can put me in touch with the owner (I believe it’s been sold since) I’d be most appreciative.

Thanks!

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 pm
by funinthesun95
I can only think of one Yellow bronco and it was Chris Wilson pre-runner then was sold to a gentlemen I think in Bishop CA area ( don't quote me on location).

Bronco was originally built by Glenn Straightiff I think.

I feel like Yikes (Brian) on the forum knows who has it now. Again, if this is the same Bronco.

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:51 pm
by funinthesun95

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:53 pm
by toddz69
funinthesun95 wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 pm
I can only think of one Yellow bronco and it was Chris Wilson pre-runner then was sold to a gentlemen I think in Bishop CA area ( don't quote me on location).

Bronco was originally built by Glenn Straightiff I think.

I feel like Yikes (Brian) on the forum knows who has it now. Again, if this is the same Bronco.
Chris Wilson's truck (Ol' Yellar) was sold to Greg Weirick in Bishop. I believe he still has it.

The Bronco you're thinking of is a 2WD truck with I-beams. It would've had the white/yellow General Tire livery on it when you saw it. I'm not exactly sure who owns it now but I think it now has the Rennsport/BFG livery on it and is somehow associated with Marty Fiolka's NORRA car effort. If you contact Marty via FB or other social media venues, I'm sure he could give you the skinny on it.

Todd Z.

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:53 pm
by 24hours
Thanks guys, the efforts are super appreciated.

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:49 pm
by funinthesun95
All good.

Good luck

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:37 am
by denhabr
This one?

This has been hanging in my garage for seven years now. Love the color yellow too! :D

General Tire NORRA Ford Bronco (Dirt Sports 2013) 1024x768.jpg
General Tire NORRA Ford Bronco (Dirt Sports 2013) 1024x768.jpg (419.25 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:18 pm
by 24hours
Yep! I emailed all the above mentioned people with no replies as of yet. I’ll just wing it. 🤙🏻

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:42 pm
by Crazy Horse
It has a new paint and looks very different. Text me at 714-642-0378 for a pic. I am not the owner of this.

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:46 pm
by Crazy Horse
Try team Rennsport

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:52 pm
by 24hours
Thanks Crazy Horse. I did reach out to Rennsport as well as Marty and Brian C with no results as of yet. I’ll text you.

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:36 am
by hollandermotorsports
Just saw this. Have you gotten ahold of Ron?

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:59 pm
by 24hours
Thank you for checking, but I have not. I’ve sent emails, and DM’s on Insta but no replies yet.

Re: 2013 NORRA/General Tire Yellow Chase Bronco

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:34 am
by hollandermotorsports
Shoot me a dm with info I will pass along to him.