Page 1 of 1
Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:20 am
by funinthesun95
https://obsinteriors.wixsite.com/obsinteriors
I sent this to some guys....figured I share it as well, looks like they do Ipad mini and touch radios.. you could probably fit a 7 inch GPS as well. Price to keep stock clean lines might be worth it.
Re: Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:42 pm
by Becks_Bronco
I've followed him on Facebook for a while. The ipad mini is really cool, and being able to run double din without it looking like total garbage is a huuuge plus.
Re: Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:28 pm
by 1Hondalover
I was on this right now until I got this response from South Dakota:
".....right now lead time on a full kit is about 5 months."
Says he asks for no payment until time to ship so commendable but ouch.
Re: Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:58 am
by Becks_Bronco
1Hondalover wrote:I was on this right now until I got this response from South Dakota:
".....right now lead time on a full kit is about 5 months."
Says he asks for no payment until time to ship so commendable but ouch.
Yeah, brutal. He does it out of his home, in his spare time. I think he recently had floodwaters mess up his home, so he's behind a bit because of that as well.
Re: Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:51 am
by VintageIronFab
Put the order in- what’s the difference 5 months going to actually make except it won’t be hot out!
Re: Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:14 pm
by sydude
He's using the recently released Metra Double Din kit, it's only $60 and you can get it right away and do it yourself.
http://metraonline.com/part/95-5701
Re: Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:23 pm
by Becks_Bronco
Yeah, except the Metra one is completely different and looks like butthole lol.
Re: Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm
by SteveG
I was thinking about doing something like this in Wilson but got the same story of months out... thanks.
Wilson is pretty loud so, in the end, I ditched the radio all together as we virtually always wear headsets. Instead, I put a 2-way radio in the stock single din location.
Re: Stock Dash Upgrade by OBS Interiors
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:54 pm
by 1Hondalover
Becks_Bronco wrote:
Yeah, except the Metra one is completely different and looks like butthole lol.
Butthole that's funny......and accurate. The Metra is nothing like the OBS. His is not only color matched, but extended up into part of the dash pad such that he shortens the actual dash pad to accommodate it.
Way more factory looking than butthole.