Page 1 of 1

Spindle Studs

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:26 am
by tactical328
Any reason that using grade 8 bolts instead of the spicer spindle studs is a bad idea? Having trouble finding the spicer 36326-1 locally.

Thanks pals.

Re: Spindle Studs

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:46 pm
by 300
Should be fine, however they are likely to spin on you.

Re: Spindle Studs

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:55 pm
by LvSteve

Re: Spindle Studs

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:29 am
by VintageIronFab
This is on an early bronco Dana 44 so I’ll say that first - I drill out the knuckle to 25/64ths and the bolt goes thru the knuckle. I think a 1/4” breaker bar with a deep 9/16” 6-point socket is a great way hold the bolt. Not sure if any of this will work on a TTB knuckle.

Spindle Studs

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:11 pm
by cs_drums
I did backing plates on my knuckles. After that I ran grade 8 bolts cause I didn't want to figure out longer studs. I think I just did a couple tack welds to hold them in place.

Haven't failed yet haha

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Re: Spindle Studs

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:06 am
by tactical328
ended up putting alloy steel hex cap screws in the back seems like itll work out ok.