Page 1 of 1

Aftermarket Radiator/throttle body coolant delete

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:22 am
by S00TLYFE
All, I’m looking to delete everything related to the throttle body coolant system, this includes the nipple that comes off the radiator.

Has anyone done this?

Figure I might as well upgrade the radiator while I’m at it and I’d like to remove the stock coolant reservoir and replace it with a smaller remote mounted one so I can eventually run an UMP or Donaldson filter as my stock air box will no longer clear my coilover towers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Aftermarket Radiator/throttle body coolant delete

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:51 am
by BDKW1
Yes, if you live anywhere remotely warm it's not needed.

Re: Aftermarket Radiator/throttle body coolant delete

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:27 pm
by biggiek
I just did that and no issues... what do you mean by nipple at radiator? The crossover tube on the radiator that goes into the TB? I kept it and have it directly into the heater hose crossover pipe.

Re: Aftermarket Radiator/throttle body coolant delete

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 am
by VintageIronFab
I couldn’t find an aluminum radiator that didn’t have the nipple- I don’t have it hooked up but think the only way to delete it is you doing it

Re: Aftermarket Radiator/throttle body coolant delete

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:35 pm
by LvSteve
All removed and tapped , plugged the nipple on old motor