Page 1 of 1
Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:08 pm
by Becks_Bronco
So I sold my little Toyota, and I’m looking for another Bronco. I like the 92-96 body style best, and talking with Rob Craven, it sounds like 95 is going to be the one I want to look for. Roller cam, and most parts are available CARB certified.
I know to look for the usual stuff, rust on the lower tailgate, fenders, drip rail etc.
I’d like to find a manual T-Case but I’m not snobby. I’d also prefer tan interior, but again I’m not snobby.
Anything else I should keep in mind while looking? Prices for these things are getting crazy.
Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:55 pm
by biggiek
I like the 351 over 302 personally
Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:47 pm
by Becks_Bronco
biggiek wrote:I like the 351 over 302 personally
Agreed, looking for a 5.8.
Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:53 pm
by tcm glx
5.8, manual case, 95 or 96.....hmmmm where can you find that! Lol
Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:43 pm
by LvSteve
Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:38 am
by Becks_Bronco
good looking out! I shot him a message on IG
Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:11 pm
by Tchajagos
Be weary of buying a “built” truck. Especially if it wasn’t build at a reputable shop. I’ve seen a lot of hack jobs even on rancho lifts.
Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:19 pm
by BajaBronco13
I’ve been thinking about selling my 1995 Bronco. I may post it up here soon.
Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 am
by Becks_Bronco
Tchajagos wrote:Be weary of buying a “built” truck. Especially if it wasn’t build at a reputable shop. I’ve seen a lot of hack jobs even on rancho lifts.
agreed, he didn't respond anyways. I would have ripped out half of what he listed he had done anyways.
I think I've found my winner. The paint is nowhere near perfect, but that's minor when the mechanical is good, which it is, plus it's an EB, which I've always been partial to.
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto ... 32332.html