Page 1 of 1
1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 am
by Andy Jones
Is anyone running a 1350 slip yoke on the rear of their rigs ? As of now I have the 1330/1350 setup. Looking to go 1350 all the way through. One reason being.. a 1350 joint is easier to come by than 1330/1350 at the parts store. Looking for part numbers and manufacturers so I can toss a spare in the pit box.
Thanks!
-Andy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:26 pm
by LvSteve
I now run a 1350 short yoke. It has better range of motion. More drop out
I would call and chat with quick performance or boarder parts about what you need
https://www.quickperformance.com/
or
https://www.yelp.com/biz/border-parts-spring-valley
Re: 1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:09 am
by arse_sidewards
Pretty much every E350 with the 4R100 and 98 and down F350 is using a 1350 slip yoke . I know the wheelbase is different but if you're looking for an application then there it is.
I'm not sure why you want a slip yoke. You can buy CV flange yokes all the way up to 1410 if not 1480.
1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:30 am
by Andy Jones
arse_sidewards wrote:Pretty much every E350 with the 4R100 and 98 and down F350 is using a 1350 slip yoke . I know the wheelbase is different but if you're looking for an application then there it is.
I'm not sure why you want a slip yoke. You can buy CV flange yokes all the way up to 1410 if not 1480.
Because the Yoke on my 3rd member is a 1350. Very common for desert application.
If I can find the 1350/1350 combo and get away from the 1330/1350 that would be a plus for me..
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:20 pm
by Tchajagos
Do you mean slip joint driveshaft with a double Cardan joint. Or slip yoke like on an F150 where the driveshaft slips in and out of the xfer case.
1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:20 pm
by Andy Jones
I’m looking for this in a 1350. That way I have 1350 U joints in my pit box, instead of 1330/1350 U joints.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:49 am
by PaulW
Spend some time to compare the angles for the options and find out which joint size has the greatest angle without binding.
1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:13 am
by Andy Jones
PaulW wrote:Spend some time to compare the angles for the options and find out which joint size has the greatest angle without binding.
I’ve spent the time to find out what is going to work for me. So now I’d like to get rid of that universal 1330/1350 joint, and get a 1350/1350 joint on a slip yoke. I thought maybe this was something pretty common for when guys switch over to a 9 inch rear end but I guess not.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:22 am
by arse_sidewards
If you are dead set on 1350 go on the Spicer website and play with the drive shaft parts crossover tools until you find something.
Operating angles are better on 1410 but if you already have a bunch of 1350 parts I can understand wanting to make it work.
Re: 1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:31 am
by ChaseTruck754
Andy, the slip yokes should be available on eBay and other spots, you just have to know what spline count & diameter to order, which I do not know off hand which is why I hadn't replied previously.
A super quick search for "1350 yoke slip joint" on the interwebz turned this up. NO clue if it'll fit, but it does lead me to believe a call to Jeff's may help your search.
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Drives ... _wQAvD_BwE
Re: 1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 am
by LvSteve
1350 Slip yoke
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 am
by Andy Jones
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Andy, the slip yokes should be available on eBay and other spots, you just have to know what spline count & diameter to order, which I do not know off hand which is why I hadn't replied previously.
A super quick search for "1350 yoke slip joint" on the interwebz turned this up. NO clue if it'll fit, but it does lead me to believe a call to Jeff's may help your search.
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Drives ... _wQAvD_BwE
Thanks Steve! I totally forgot about bronco graveyard. That’s exactly what I’m looking for.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk