Page 1 of 1

Removing engine little questions

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm
by bpburnard05
Ok so getting ready to pull the engine out of my bronco. Plan is to just pull the engine. I unhook the headers at the first connection? And the trans and torque converter.
Do I need to move the trans back? Touch it at all? Maybe someone who has pulled it can help as I tackle project


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Removing engine little questions

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:56 pm
by snowman429
If you haven't removed the radiator remove it. Unbolt the accessory brackets, you should be able to swing them to the side out of the way. Make sure you have a jack under the trans or run a ratchet over the frame rails and under the bellhousing to keep the front of the trans from tipping down to far.

Removing engine little questions

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:23 am
by bpburnard05
snowman429 wrote:If you haven't removed the radiator remove it. Unbolt the accessory brackets, you should be able to swing them to the side out of the way. Make sure you have a jack under the trans or run a ratchet over the frame rails and under the bellhousing to keep the front of the trans from tipping down to far.
So sorry snowman... I have gotten busy and life has been crazy I never even saw this.

Well motor is out we ended up not being able to get fuel lines off and cut them. That was our only real issue I guess. It’s been a few months and tough to remember.

The heads were redone and now just saving pennies to hit the block too and get the bottom end rebuilt. Then I need to figure what parts need to be replaced in the rebuild


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk