If You Want Better AC Do This....
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
If You Want Better AC Do This....
If you want better a/c you better not forget to put new foam on the inside of your ducts. The factory put it on the actual vents and I believe that was a simple engineering error- there’s much more surface area on the actual ducting that’s bolted the firewall. I personally believe if you buy some foam and a sharp brand new razor knife like I did - you will magically have more air volume hitting you in the face! The volume is so great I wish I could come up with a way to mass market pre-cut high quality sold high density foam because for me the results were dramatic- living in Phoenix I think that’s saying something!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: If You Want Better AC Do This....
Any pics of how you cut and fitted the foam?
Chris
Chris
Re: If You Want Better AC Do This....
Agreed I am sick of sweating!
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: If You Want Better AC Do This....
I just took some 1” pretty squishy foam and pressed the vent into it, marked it with a sharpie, and guessed at the outside dimensions. If there is someone on here that has a computer controlled to cut foam that would be awesome. I mean if you have no Freon this won’t work but I’m convinced I was blowing a huge amount of air behind the dash instead of at me! I would say whatever you do- apply it to the plastic ducts behind the dash and not the dash vents.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
- 450xracer68
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.8
Re: If You Want Better AC Do This....
Have you done the heater core bypass mod yet? I'm in Imperial Valley and its been 115 consistently and my A/C would blow at 75° to 80° max outta the vents.
Added a YG-350 Heater Valve that bypasses the heater core then ran the Vacuum line off a "T" going to Blend air door actuator . As soon as I was done, My A/C out of the Vents was 55°-60°. Was pumped to have Cold A/C again.
Added a YG-350 Heater Valve that bypasses the heater core then ran the Vacuum line off a "T" going to Blend air door actuator . As soon as I was done, My A/C out of the Vents was 55°-60°. Was pumped to have Cold A/C again.
-
LvSteve
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:02 am
- Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT
- Location: Henderson NV , Murray UT
Re: If You Want Better AC Do This....
Any photos of your mod ?
Re: If You Want Better AC Do This....
Can you snap a couple pics of the install etc?450xracer68 wrote:Have you done the heater core bypass mod yet? I'm in Imperial Valley and its been 115 consistently and my A/C would blow at 75° to 80° max outta the vents.
Added a YG-350 Heater Valve that bypasses the heater core then ran the Vacuum line off a "T" going to Blend air door actuator . As soon as I was done, My A/C out of the Vents was 55°-60°. Was pumped to have Cold A/C again.
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: If You Want Better AC Do This....
As long as you don’t have a ball valve or something that sounds great!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
- 450xracer68
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.8
Re: If You Want Better AC Do This....
No Ball Valve or Jerry Riggin. This is the Thread I followed. Cost less than 50 Bucks for everything and works like a charm. I know the write up Below it says to use a Jeep Valve but the Ford P/N is YG-350. Its 32 bucks at Ford. I heard of the Autozone ones leaking right off the batt and I don't have time to mess around with it in the heat if it breaks. haha
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23 ... ntrol.html
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23 ... ntrol.html
