Page 1 of 1

AC guru

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:30 pm
by biggiek
Anyone here familiar with conversions to r12 to r134? Ever since I had it done I cant get beat the efficiency (I know it's never going to be as good) but have finally reached the breaking point. The only item i did not replace was the condensor and while moving is fine but when stopped it drops off drastically. With that the ac being on is causing the motor to run in the 220 plus temp range. Any ideas feedback would be great.

Re: AC guru

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:11 pm
by Seabass
Make sure you charged it to the proper amount. It's not 1:1 from r12 to r134. Totally from memory so I'm probably wrong I think its 1:1.25 whatever the factory charge was

AC guru

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:35 am
by RyanDS650X
Sound like you have air in the system. Did you use a vacuum pump and nitrogen to sweep the system after you installed the new parts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk