Page 1 of 1

Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:16 am
by wookiee156
Hey doodes I’ve been having an issue with my rear diff breather pukeing fluid any help would be appreciated I cannot seem to figure it out please help

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:20 am
by wookiee156
Here’s picks by the way I’m about to cry over this help help

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:12 pm
by VintageIronFab
Mine does the same damn thing and Id like to know why as well????

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:55 pm
by wookiee156
VintageIronFab wrote:Mine does the same damn thing and Id like to know why as well????
After talking to Greg at Desolate and narrowing some things down (major props Greg is the shit) I’m hoping it has to due with the rear brake block being thinner so I trying spacing the breather tube a 1/4” more we will see thanks for all the feedback gfb crew

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:47 pm
by wookiee156
Sooo here’s a shot of what I think (more like hope) is the fix

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:13 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Let us know if that works! I do know the stock block has a pretty big spacer/gap built in there

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:56 pm
by wookiee156
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Let us know if that works! I do know the stock block has a pretty big spacer/gap built in there
Will do I’m just glad I’m not the only one :D

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:54 am
by wookiee156
Sooo woke up this morning annnddd no puddles so far so good gona take her for a drive and hopefully over the next few days no more leakage (crossing fingers)

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:10 pm
by Deslboy
mine does that too but I have a 9" in mine. makes a big mess of the skid plate under the gas tank

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:06 pm
by VintageIronFab
Still not understanding why spacing the breather bolt up has anything to do with oil traveling up the breather??? If it works hey that’s awesome just seems to a crazy thought to me.

Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:22 pm
by Tchajagos
VintageIronFab wrote:Still not understanding why spacing the breather bolt up has anything to do with oil traveling up the breather??? If it works hey that’s awesome just seems to a crazy thought to me.
Maybe it’s somehow scraping the oil off the inner axle as it spins. Only thing I can think of.

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 am
by wookiee156
VintageIronFab wrote:Still not understanding why spacing the breather bolt up has anything to do with oil traveling up the breather??? If it works hey that’s awesome just seems to a crazy thought to me.
I don’t know either I’m thinking it has something to due with the magic of siphon My thocks is the breather tube was in fluid and that side was slightly down hill (poop flows down) and pressure built but so far it works!!!! (Stoked) I’ve also heard of jeepers having the same issue and there fix was to cut the metal breather down 1/4” anyways it works (no puddles all week I’m calling it good) kinda like positrack in a dodge don’t know how it works it just does

Re: Rear breather leak??? HELP

Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:10 am
by VintageIronFab
I think part of my issue is I have one of those cool guy rear aluminum girdle covers- well I think I simply just put too much oil in the rear diff. The factory I think holds like 2.75qts but they take like almost 4 if filled to the fill hole. I’ll space mine up some more! A win is a win regardless!