Page 1 of 1

converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 am
by shockseals.com
In another thread on plating vs not plating a fuel pump bracket I posted a photo of the bracket I made for adapting a walbro gss340 255lph pump to the stock hanger assembly. With this style of pump in the big bronco tank i had concerns of fuel starving at low fuel levels. I went out and found that level. With 3 gallons of gas in the tank and long curve or tight turn will starve fuel which means any steep ascent or descent will also starve fuel.

My solution to this issue is a holley hydromat adapted to the walbro pump. I should have it whipped up in the next week or two but I would NOT recommend just swapping a pump for the OEM canister and running it if you rely on all 33 gallons of gas like I do when I run long distances offroad between gas stops or you come to a station in baja that is out of gas or closed and you gotta truck on to the next one however far.

Once I come up with the solution of pump hanger bracket and adapter for the hydramat, it will be for sale.

For those that dont go far between gas stops...get out and advneture more. If you can always have a quarter tank of fuel in your tank, you arent going far enough.

Image

Re: converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:13 pm
by RyanDS650X
In for one. Good job on the tech stuff lately, I know there are plenty of us that will benefit from it.

converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 am
by cs_drums
Take my money!

I’ll take one as soon as available.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:22 pm
by RyanDS650X
Any plans on making more Kris. I'll be needing one soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:34 pm
by Becks_Bronco
I'm in as well!