converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

shockseals.com
Posts: 1116
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
Location: San Dimas
Contact:

converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Post by shockseals.com »

In another thread on plating vs not plating a fuel pump bracket I posted a photo of the bracket I made for adapting a walbro gss340 255lph pump to the stock hanger assembly. With this style of pump in the big bronco tank i had concerns of fuel starving at low fuel levels. I went out and found that level. With 3 gallons of gas in the tank and long curve or tight turn will starve fuel which means any steep ascent or descent will also starve fuel.

My solution to this issue is a holley hydromat adapted to the walbro pump. I should have it whipped up in the next week or two but I would NOT recommend just swapping a pump for the OEM canister and running it if you rely on all 33 gallons of gas like I do when I run long distances offroad between gas stops or you come to a station in baja that is out of gas or closed and you gotta truck on to the next one however far.

Once I come up with the solution of pump hanger bracket and adapter for the hydramat, it will be for sale.

For those that dont go far between gas stops...get out and advneture more. If you can always have a quarter tank of fuel in your tank, you arent going far enough.

Image
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Post by RyanDS650X »

In for one. Good job on the tech stuff lately, I know there are plenty of us that will benefit from it.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Post by cs_drums »

Take my money!

I’ll take one as soon as available.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Post by RyanDS650X »

Any plans on making more Kris. I'll be needing one soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: converting from stock canister pump to stand alone pump

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I'm in as well!
Post Reply