Shock part numbers for eye top

ThomasJE3
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: I don't have a Bronco but a '93 F150. I'm interested in learning more about and modifying the suspen

Shock part numbers for eye top

Post by ThomasJE3 »

I bought a pair of Solo modified coil spring buckets off from a board member. I needed them to replace the overly rusted ones on my F150 and the price was better than stock replacements. They don't accept the bayonet style (is that the right terminology?). I will need a shock that has an eye on top similar to the one on the bottom.
Does anyone have a part number for shocks that will work?
I tried doing some googling but it is not the same as having a parts book to compare shock part# with various ends but the same lengths which is what I did to get a good shock for my lowered F150.
Thanks for the help.

Image
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Shock part numbers for eye top

Post by dtbback »

You're more than likely going to have to install them, put your beans at bump, and then measure the distance. From there you can find a shock legnth that matches. But if I remember correctly a 10 inch stroke shock is what would usually made to work with modified coil buckets. Also, if you find yourself with an odd collapsed length, King off-road shocks with a welded Loop lower rod end which decreases the collapse length. These welded Loops can be added to any other shocks.
Post Reply