Page 1 of 1

Wheel Base

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:24 pm
by Cactus Cooler
Anyone know what the wheel base is on a short bed F-150 and what the Bronco is??? Had a another thought on stretching the bronco with out stretching the Bronco??? How about you use an F150 Frame, do nothing to the body of the bronco, meaning you don't have to stretch the shell add F-150 sides? Move the rear tire opening around, also would have to trim interior wheel tubes, still have the tail gate and be able to mount the tires(s) on the rear...... Little photo chopping tonight I think....I shall return.

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:49 pm
by Cactus Cooler
Okay not as cool as it was in my head... haahaaa Kind of Bronco on the brain I guess

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:42 pm
by RyanDS650X
Ewww

Wheel Base

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:57 am
by Tchajagos
The f150 frame is different in the rear I believe.

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:37 am
by johncharlesb
73-96 f1 short is 117", 38" wide nominal at the tank. The 65-72 f1 is 115" with the extra two inches taken out of the cab and 34" wide (SAE width). 58-64 f1 is 115" and f11 is 120"; both are 34" wide and neither has a rail drop under the cab.. Bigger trucks always lagged in frame updates and is why you ended up with 77 highboys with gas tanks still in the cab and boxes that have narrow bolt patterns. Supercabs and crews are special too.

Bronco is 105" and 38" wide at the tank. The rear crossmember layout is different.

You can buy a f100 wheelbase Bronco in South America and they periodically come up for sale in the States.

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:55 am
by philofab
Image

Family trucksters are red.

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:55 am
by philofab
*rad

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:42 am
by dtbback
Looks like I need to make a trip to South America!

Wheel Base

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:52 pm
by Tchajagos
I'm sorry but that thing is ugly. 2wd and no removable top. The little side window looks like an after thought.

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:19 am
by ChaseTruck754
yup, the 80's ones are as ugly as the 70's - haha.

I think many people have had the idea of a stretch like this. Frames are definitely different (bronco is flat from about the rear shock mount back and stuck frame kicks up more).

Wheel Base

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:10 pm
by cwrisley
I'm a sucker for a dentside!

Image

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:14 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Most dentsides I'd totally agree. Those for some reason just don't do it for me. The ones people make with the bronco shell look so much cooler to me.

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:27 pm
by SteveG
philofab wrote:Image

Family trucksters are red.
Hmm. I've never heard of these. It's like Clark's family truckster on steroids.

Re: Wheel Base

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:28 pm
by SteveG
I dig it. That thing would make a killer family prerunner.