E4OD pin connector

User avatar
Rustbucketracer
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:44 pm
Bronco Info: 1993 BRONCO, grocery getter
Location: SAN DIMAS

E4OD pin connector

Post by Rustbucketracer »

Anyone have any tips on converting/connecting older 1993 e4od to the newer 1995-1996 e4od?
Has anyone done this?
From what I understand the connectors are different
ImageImage
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

E4OD pin connector

Post by cs_drums »

If you buy a new neutral safety switch they include both connector and instructions if I remember correctly.
User avatar
Rustbucketracer
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:44 pm
Bronco Info: 1993 BRONCO, grocery getter
Location: SAN DIMAS

E4OD pin connector

Post by Rustbucketracer »

I'll check it out, thank you!
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: E4OD pin connector

Post by philofab »

The solenoids are different between those two year ranges. You need to use solenoids that are the same year range as your ECM.
User avatar
Rustbucketracer
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:44 pm
Bronco Info: 1993 BRONCO, grocery getter
Location: SAN DIMAS

E4OD pin connector

Post by Rustbucketracer »

Thanks Philo. So am I able to install an early model solenoid in my late model trans? Or do I have to cut the existing early model connector and reconnect the wiring to a newer style plug end to mate?
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: E4OD pin connector

Post by philofab »

The solenoids are interchangeable but must match the ECM.

I assume you are swapping a newer trans into your older Bronco? If so, just swap in the older style solenoids and solenoid connector.

You can just swap the range sensor for your old one or buy the Ford recall kit and update your harness to the new better connector.
User avatar
Rustbucketracer
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:44 pm
Bronco Info: 1993 BRONCO, grocery getter
Location: SAN DIMAS

E4OD pin connector

Post by Rustbucketracer »

Yes. Bronco is 93, trans is a 95.
Post Reply