Page 1 of 3
Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:08 pm
by RyanDS650X
I want to keep my stock sliders and I'm leaning towards PRP for their premier model seat. Who has adapted their suspension seats to their stock sliders? Pics would help.
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:44 pm
by robertcrav
Both Nick and Tony
Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:33 pm
by Andy Jones
That's how I use to run all my suspension seats.
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:41 pm
by Mojo
My PRP's are mounted to the stock sliders and work great for me & the wife. Very solid & secure. And the passenger seat still goes all the way to the dash to allow the 7 & 9 year olds to the back.
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:08 pm
by ChaseTruck754
It's easy to do with the 4 tabs on PRPs. I've done many like that. A little angle iron for an adapter from one to the other (stock slidet to tabs on seat) and a bit of drilling & you're good.
I did Nick's there were a little more work due to being the flat bottom bolt setup typical to mastercraft seats, but still not "hard" to do.
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:09 pm
by ChaseTruck754
oh and I've got pics of what I did for Nick's seats, but it's a different tab setup so they won't help you really.
Pull your stock seat, set the PRP on the sliders & think to yourself "angle iron" and it should be VERY clear what needs to be done.
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:20 pm
by tcm glx
Done it, plenty of pics. Hit me up!
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:36 am
by RyanDS650X
Ok cool that's reassuring. I didn't want to loose the slider.
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:16 am
by VintageIronFab
Ryan it's a pretty easy to do. The one thing I encountered was the stock seats not being centered on the slider - so when I biuikt mine they are too close to the door panels. Whoever does the work should account for that. You also need to account for the lever on the passenger side that allows the seat to jump forward all at once for easy rear access. I wanted all vinyl so that I could lay in the dirt in the middle of nowhere-- jump back in and be able to clean the seat later.
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:45 am
by tcm glx
Yup, Great point. Make sure you test fit the centering of the seat.....also factor in what center console you will be using. And one more vote for vinyl.
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:12 am
by RyanDS650X
How much space is between your seats? Just so I have an idea of how wide of a speaker box I can use. I have my sub right there.
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:17 am
by VintageIronFab
I'm not at the bronco now but I'm guessing 2"
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:56 am
by RyanDS650X
I'm assuming you meant 12"
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:20 pm
by VintageIronFab
I was thinking the bolster on the seat
To my center console lol-- Tony better chime in on this
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:36 pm
by Nick
Ryan, i don't have any pics. What Steve and i came up with was making a square out of 2" plate that was welded to the seat base then bolted on to the sliders.
I have the 12" tuffy console. I have 17 inches inside to inside seat width and 2 inches from edge of seat to console on both sides.
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:59 pm
by Cactus Cooler
I have my Mastercraft 3Gs on mine, passenger side wont flip up anymore because of the fixed position.
Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:32 pm
by RyanDS650X
Thanks Nick, I should be able to keep my sub where it's at based on those measurements.
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 am
by Wrightracing.net
I did it with my Mastercraft seats but I did not like how high they were so I made a custom bracket that bolted to the stock holes in the floor. With the cage in, I am going to recess the cross tubes into the floor and mount the seats to the cage.
Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:10 pm
by RyanDS650X
Scored these today in great shape for a STEAL!
The chick part of the deal so....
Re: Suspension seat on stock slider. Who's done it?
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:21 pm
by BDKW1
Yes, those look like they are in great shape. The seats ain't bad either.......