Page 1 of 1

Bronco Windows in Shell??

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:25 pm
by VintageIronFab
Hello All,
This is sorta a bronco question-- I'm thinking about buying a 95 f150 supercab. I've found a camper shell/topper and it doesn't have side windows. Anyone know if bronco side windows could be put in a shell?? I'd just like to have the look and a standard size should I need a replacement.

Thanks,
Matt

Bronco Windows in Shell??

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:12 pm
by Tchajagos
Most shells are different. I doubt any would have the same shape as a bronco's. You can always make one out of plexi glass.

Re: Bronco Windows in Shell??

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:01 pm
by Rmc
Where there's a will thers a way! Get your surf board repair kit out and a cut off wheel as well as a dust mask. I say go for it. Make it fit. You can have the glass cut down if needed and you can cut and shorten the window seal as needed. Just don't end up with a mess on your hands, eyeball the shell curves with the window in hand. You'll know if it's possible.

Re: Bronco Windows in Shell??

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:09 pm
by VintageIronFab
Well if I did this honestly I would go to a salvage yard with a buddy, kill a glass and make a template of the factory bronco rear side hole with some luan --then get two more rear sides with gaskets. Some must be sacrificed for the greater good lol :-). I've still got to buy the truck but I think I'm fairly close.

Bronco Windows in Shell??

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:06 am
by Wrightracing.net
I think it is do able. The one issue you will run into is the Bronco shell is dual wall, where most truck shell's are single wall fiberglass.

Here is a set of tinted Bronco shell windows withe the trim new old stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381212841847?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I just thought I would pass that along to you. You can also pick a old shell with good windows on Craigslist for around $50-$100. I have even seen them free.

Bronco Windows in Shell??

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 am
by Tchajagos
Yeah, it would be faaaaar less work, money, and stress to find another shell.

Re: Bronco Windows in Shell??

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:16 pm
by Rmc
Tchajagos wrote:Yeah, it would be faaaaar less work, money, and stress to find another shell.
I have to agree

Re: Bronco Windows in Shell??

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:26 am
by Dezertbronco
google CR Laurence in LA they make shell windows and frames