Page 1 of 1
Rotar Replacment
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:38 pm
by Andy Jones
Well I'm getting ready too replace my Rotors on my 95xlt. I'm under the impression that you can beat the Studs and Hub out with a hammer. has anyone done this before? and what am i getting my self in too!! I tend too get a little crazy in the shop when things don't go the way i planed!!!

Re: Rotar Replacment
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:27 pm
by billy1911
You can beat the studs, just thread a nut or lug on so you dont mushroom the stud
Re: Rotar Replacment
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:41 pm
by SteveG
Ditto.
Re: Rotar Replacment
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:29 pm
by Andy Jones
Thanks Guys! it feels good not too get a new hole reamed from the KNOW IT ALL'S..

FSB...
Re: Rotar Replacment
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:41 pm
by billy1911
You might look into new bearings and seals since it will be a part.
Re: Rotar Replacment
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:25 pm
by philofab
I've beat them in and out with a hammer and brass punch. Ford studs have a quick start so it's hard to damage the thread.
Re: Rotar Replacment
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:15 pm
by Andy Jones
billy1911 wrote:You might look into new bearings and seals since it will be a part.
i will definitely be replacing the bearings and seals. and thanks again guys!!