Dear smog/CA

D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Dear smog/CA

Post by D1cker1 »

You make me:

Want to sell my bronco and buy something newer

Dislike everything about offroad

F U Smog
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Dear smog/CA

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

uh... yup.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Ya, especially when you say I fail the visual just because I have a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel line in the engine compartment. No CARB number on the gauge. As if a gauge makes any difference on smog.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Oye... :-(
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Sitting here with expired tags and frustrated. Fails on visuals. Got a check engine light that won't go away no matter how many times I tap my heels together. Engine needs to be replaced. Combine that with legal headers, legal air filter, second cat, nickles/dimes and a new radiator and I'll be looking at 5k easy to get back on the road.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

We need to all put our money together and buy a chunk of land out where you only have to smog to transfer title. We could all registre our trucks out there, GFB Ranch. Has a ring to it!
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

You have my permission to register all your vehicles in my name. Of course you will all still have visitation rights. I was always jealous that you guys don't get rust, but the whole SMOG thing is asinine.
FUFIMI
Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)

Post by FUFIMI »

Just move to pala, 2 mins from temecula and I do not have to deal with smog.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Become somebody's "roommate" in Yuma, end of problem.........
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

yikes wrote:Sitting here with expired tags and frustrated. Fails on visuals. Got a check engine light that won't go away no matter how many times I tap my heels together. Engine needs to be replaced. Combine that with legal headers, legal air filter, second cat, nickles/dimes and a new radiator and I'll be looking at 5k easy to get back on the road.
Any codes?
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Personally speaking I genuinely dont know how you all in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia do it. Maricopa county here in AZ is a total bitch but SMOG out on PRoK is just insane. Not that this is me of course -- I know a guy that lives here in Phoenix, had a house outside of PHX that wasn't smogged, has since moved and being that AZ drivers licenses dont expire til about 2039 (for the unnamed person) they plan on "living there" forever. If the rules change then they have family in the midwest :-) The "buying" of a piece of property in a mountain area is great idea! The PRoK screws you all in about everyway --why not screw back??
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

That is my plan, I plan to get 10-20 acre's and register the Bronco, RV and the F350 Diesel out there. That is something that really chaps my Hyde, I bought my 1999 F350 Diesel truck specifically to not deal with smog. Then they retro act the smog laws more than 10 years after I have already owned my truck. Fortunately my intake was CARB legal and I was able to set my computer back to stock for the smog test. Also because I bought my truck in Arizona I was a grandfathered in, not having a catalytic converter. I felt so sorry for all the guys that put Thousands of dollars of upgrades and now are not smog legal. The Smog laws for diesels were retro acted back to 1998 and is the biggest over reach CA has done in resent years.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Wrightracing.net wrote:The Smog laws for diesels were retro acted back to 1998 and is the biggest over reach CA has done in resent years.
What they are doing to big diesel trucks is far worse. A DPF retro fit costs more than some rigs are worth and will only gain you a few more years of use.
Wrightracing.net

CA Bar and BLM are out of control and need to be shut down.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

yikes wrote:Sitting here with expired tags and frustrated. Fails on visuals. Got a check engine light that won't go away no matter how many times I tap my heels together. Engine needs to be replaced. Combine that with legal headers, legal air filter, second cat, nickles/dimes and a new radiator and I'll be looking at 5k easy to get back on the road.
Doing a very similar thing with the Tacoma. I have diagnosed & have parts here finally though. Just haven't been home to put them in & see if this is actually it this time... Oh and I'm "only" in it about $800 so far for the fix. Too bad the kid won't fit in the thing so I have to sell it or I would have left town & become a room mate...
fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Post by fomoco51 »

Sometimes I wish I still lived in AZ for the fact of no smog where I lived. My commercial drivers license was good till the age of 65 and dmv was in and out. Registration was way cheaper and you had options on how long you wanted it registered for. I registered my old ranger there, then when I moved back to ca theres no way it would pass smog so I just parted it out. My company is looking at dumping close to 200k on new exhaust for our concrete pumps to become compliant. I might go visit Oregon and get a po box to register my bronco. Have a friend get my mail and send me the important stuff.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Who do u work for? I was an operator fot Brundage Bone.
fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Post by fomoco51 »

Allied concrete pumping out of fresno. But I worked for arizona jobsite concrete running a line pump out of camp verde az. Then Berkeley concrete pumping in san jose. And JLS concrete pumping (Brundage bone union company) out of fresno. Been with allied now for 9 years or so.
cypher
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Post by cypher »

Wrightracing.net wrote:CA Bar and BLM are out of control and need to be shut down.
+1
fibermike
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Post by fibermike »

Dear Jerry Brown and Democratic party, whos going to pay the taxes to support the loafers once you chase all the business out of the state? Nissan left, toyotas going. Texas will become the new calif soon.